Unable to Flash G1W

Alphas

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I have a G1W bought from Amazon, however I cannot flash it. Tried to update with estore firmware FWS1088.bin and G1W-C firmware FW96650A.bin. The DVR boots up and starts recording as though nothing has happen.

So what should I do to flash it? The old firmware is g3-33dp-v07 and it sometimes hangs for no reason.

If you bought it recently it might be one of those with the different chipset, which isn't compatible with the Novatek firmwares available. That firmware version doesn't seem to be related to Novatek chipsets.

I have a G1W bought from Amazon, however I cannot flash it. Tried to update with estore firmware FWS1088.bin and G1W-C firmware FW96650A.bin. The DVR boots up and starts recording as though nothing has happen.

So what should I do to flash it? The old firmware is g3-33dp-v07 and it sometimes hangs for no reason.

can you share a pic of the menu and a screenshot of video with the OSD?

Sounds like it's the General Plus version

It is a Novatek 96650 chipset.

File%2012-11-15%208%2046%2003%20AM.jpeg

File%2012-11-15%208%2045%2040%20AM.jpeg

What is the latest firmware for this version?

there are multiple manufacturers of all the parts, to say it's a minefield is an understatement

It's really interesting to hear you talk about manufacturing and the supply chain in China. You should author a thread about it....or a book! Both would be fascinating and popular.

It's really interesting to hear you talk about manufacturing and the supply chain in China. You should author a thread about it....or a book! Both would be fascinating and popular.
+1

it would be a full time job to try and unravel that mess, if you saw the supplier catalogues it would be easier to take in but perhaps no easier to understand, I would say about 95% of what's out there is just assembly , and a lot of it is very rough

Here's an example of what I mean by rough, this is a worker setting the focus on a lens from about 10" away from the chart

3c079b05c67b2b11181ca8d2a2e3b1cb.jpg

I've seen worse though

it would be a full time job to try and unravel that mess, if you saw the supplier catalogues it would be easier to take in but perhaps no easier to understand, I would say about 95% of what's out there is just assembly , and a lot of it is very rough

Yes, it needs illustrations!

Something tells me there's more to the story than just the assembly. The companies, the bosses, the workers, the rivalries, the intrigue, the rampant copying and IP theft, ........how it all comes together, etc., etc. I imagine there to be a whole amazing universe to how the manufacturing of consumer electronics in China works that Western readers would find absolutely fascinating. Perhaps the right author will come along and do it someday.....or you one day, when you are relaxing on the deck of your yacht anchored at Port Hercules, Monaco, thinking back on how it all started. :)

can't see me ever relaxing on a yacht

most I've seen that try and document this stuff talk about work conditions etc but there's a lot more to it than what meets the eye, we don't deal with anyone where there are poor work conditions, under age workers etc, that does happen for sure but it's not as common as some make out

Can someone tell me how to flash it?

How should I find out the original filename?

Back