Updating camera.

ivanhoe

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi All,

I'm looking at updating my current dashcam (panorama SII), whilst this is a good camera there are a few minor annoyances with it.

I'm wanting to update to something that has
1, very good low/bright light capability,
2, be capable of holding large capacity sd cards (128Gb plus),
3, would prefer another format to fat 32
4, hi res camera.
5, a little less of a fisheye lens
6, Inbuilt GPS.
7, Good sound recording/playback

I guess the only other thing I could ask is a good price, not a million bucks nor am I expecting something for nothing.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated

Thanks

64GB or 128GB exFAT seem to be a major cause of unexplained problems in a number of dashcams. That doesn't mean you will have a problem, just that you'll be more likely to have peculiar problems.

32GB FAT32 is the optimum balance between capacity, reliability, cost etc. Unfortunately it does only store between 3 and 4.5 hours of 1080p depending on the cam.

The exFAT is working fine for me for a 200Gb Micro SD card. I am using streetguardian.

Thanks for your responses guys - the main source of annoyance is the volume, I currently watching some video's I took about a month ago on the tv and in order to hear it the tv is up 3 times louder than normal apart from the ocassional hiccup when it doesn't record for an entire segment of a trip and an intermittant GPS attachment it works well.

Thanks again

Back