Upgrade Question: Is the Viofo A129 Plus Duo compatable with older A129 Duo base and cables?

Please check.
I ask because one user has 1 DVR 129 Duo and two GPS modules from the Duo version, he purchased 129 Plus, connecting 129 Plus to the GPS Duo module, writes but GPS.
I confirmed today that the A129 DUO GPS mount works fine with the A129 Plus DUO. I received a GPS lock within seconds. I don't recall when there was a change in the mount, but I believe it was just before the A129 Pro came out, so mounts manufactured before that are not compatible. I believe older GPS mounts will power all A129 models just fine, but GPS won't work on newer cameras.

Can anyone physically confirm compatibility?

How to determine a new version of a module compatible with 129 Plus
The mounts are compatible, no matter the version. As CYA said, there was some minor change inside mount before Pro launching but it was only about HK3 function, some kind of better handling the HK3.
I consider old version mounts the ones with 3M printing on the adhesive tape.

If I remember correctly, the A129 Pro Duo is a fully drop-in upgrade for A129 Duo right? The base, HWK, CPL, rear camera and rear camera cables are the same?

I've been thinking along this upgrade path too, given that I have an extra HWK and CPL lying around.

If I remember correctly, the A129 Pro Duo is a fully drop-in upgrade for A129 Duo right? The base, HWK, CPL, rear camera and rear camera cables are the same?

I've been thinking along this upgrade path too, given that I have an extra HWK and CPL lying around.
yes, only the plus model is different for cable and rear camera

Back