Upload issue- cannot upload files over 2mb

Gibson99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Yes
This isn't the multi-file upload issue - i've never actually seen the multi-upload screen.

So... I try to upload a file. it gives the standard "pick a file" box:
upload dialog box said:
Upload a File (Max 5 MB):
Accepted file types: zip, txt, pdf, png, jpg, jpeg, jpe, gif
Max image width: 2,560 pixels
Max image height: 1,296 pixels
The file i'm trying to upload is a png, 1920x1080, and about 2.2mb in size, so it meets the criteria listed above. once i select the file, it attempts the upload, then says:
The following error occurred:
The uploaded file is too large for the server to process.

i have no trouble uploading other png files that are 1920x1080, but only if they're under 2mb. apparently the old 2mb limit is still in place somewhere in the forum software.

Last time that happened to me I had to convert the file to jpg.

Last time that happened to me I had to convert the file to jpg.
that worked, thanks. still wonder about that size limitation though.... i've had it reject files that were too high-resolution before, so i resized them and the problem went away, but this one fit all the criteria it listed.

Let's see what the admin says about it.

I sometimes cheat and do the post and then use Tapatalk to edit the post and add the pics, it will resize them on the fly

I sometimes cheat and do the post and then use Tapatalk to edit the post and add the pics, it will resize them on the fly
that works if the pics are already on your phone (and you have the app), but i only seem to have this issue when uploading dashcam video screenshots from my pc.

Just checked...there is one PHP setting that was limited to 2MB. Just upped it to 5MB. Does it work now?

Well, we'll see, here's a test.

Nope, didn't work. 2.2 MB was too big.

Back