Uploading Dashcam Clips to Forum

152bobby

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 2CH 622GW/Nextbase 422GW/Thinkware F200 2 CH Pro
I just tried to upload two 1 minute (each) long dashcam clips taken from my 2 channel Nextbase 622GW and it stated they were to large to upload !

Is there something I need to do to them before I upload them?

I thought I could just upload them straight from my phone/tablet ....easy peasy

The “easiest” way I’ve found is to;
1.) Remove SD Card from camera, insert into computer.
2.) Upload video clip as “unlisted” to YouTube.
3.) Post YouTube link where ever you want.

If no computer;
1.) Download video clip to smartphone / tablet.
2.) Upload video clip to YouTube.
3.) Post link to YouTube video where ever you want.
4.) If your dash cam films is 2K, 4K, or 60fps you must select “Full Quality” in the YouTube APP settings, otherwise the video will be rendered at 1080p 30fps.

If you need to share raw / original footage without YouTube degradation / compression for image quality analysis / diagnosis drag the video clip to your Google Drive, place in “new folder and share”, and post the link to the drive folder.

Almost anyone, everywhere, on any device can watch a YouTube video, and a video in a Google Drive Folder without downloading anything.
Any second @Nigel is going to come in here, and provide another option. lol
-Chuck

Attachments

• YouTube Link .png
    YouTube Link .png
    98.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Google Drive Folder .png
    Google Drive Folder .png
    146.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Full Quality .png
    Full Quality .png
    43.3 KB · Views: 3
Thanks for all that. Your " easiest" option is a no for me, as I am trying to get through life without a laptop and use my Android Pixel 8 phone or my Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ (sometimes, I do have to pinch my wife's laptop for certain tasks ).

I do like the Google Drive option, as I do use this to share within the family group, but never the "Anyone with the Link option"

I'll give it a try later.

Thanks

I am trying to get through life without a laptop
If no laptop;
1.) Download video clip to smartphone / tablet.
2.) Upload video clip to YouTube.
3.) Share link wherever you want.
4.) If your dash cam films is 2K, 4K, or 60fps you must select “Full Quality” in the YouTube APP settings, otherwise the video will be rendered at 1080p 30fps.

Attachments

• Full Quality .png
    Full Quality .png
    43.3 KB · Views: 0
You can not upload larger files to most forums, so your only chance to share are via sites like youtube, but you can also do it via file share sites like google drive and so on.
It is also the same with pictures, say you taken a picture of something with your phone camera, that is probably a high megapixel camera, and also resolution so it will make a big file, so while you can upload something like that most sites would most often scale it down to something more manageable.
I personally scale my phone or Dslr photos i upload down to 33% of the original size before upload, that still give a output where i can see stuff in the picture.

Any second @Nigel is going to come in here, and provide another option. lol
Youtube is best, everyone can view that.
Google Drive is best if you want to allow downloads of the original quality, but it is rarely necessary to have original quality.
There are plenty of other options, but people know how to use the above two, far less people know how to use anything else.

hm, don't many Android devices let you plug in a USB card reader and access files off a memory card? If you don't wanna transfer files over WiFi, that could be another laptop-less option.

hm, don't many Android devices let you plug in a USB card reader and access files off a memory card? If you don't wanna transfer files over WiFi, that could be another laptop-less option.
Bill keeps teasing us that the A229 Pro can transfer video files to iPhone 15 Pro, and “new” Android devices with a USB Type-C to Type-C Data Cable much faster than current 5GHz Wi-Fi allows with the APP.
If I recall last time I checked it took 30 seconds to download a 1 minute clip (430MB) file from the A229 Pro to my iPhone SE 2020.
He said he download the same file size, and it was “instant”.
I asked for a video demo, and I’m still waiting.
He also said when they officially implement it, they will most likely replace the current “short” USB Type-A to Type-C data cable with a USB Type-C to Type-C Data Cable included with all cameras.

Back