Upside/down video on ThiEye Tm5e: possible??

Mighty777

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Dash Cam
Mini 806, ThiEye TM5E, Xiaomi Yi, Xiaomi Yi 2 4K
HI all,

I am using the ThiEye TM5e (external mic version) as dashcam. However, I have the problem that as I mount it on the front glass, it is installed upside/down. Accordingly, the video is flipped 180°.

While other cameras (e.g. Yi 2 4K) have the possibility in the settings to put the video in upside/down mode, the ThiEye settings have not. As a consequence, all footage need to be reprocessed and rotated 180° (unless you want to have neck problems to just watch the footage).

Is there a way to fix this problem, for example with a autoexec script code?

I don't own one but found this in the manual:
"With 180° Turnover on, you can record videos and take photos normally even if the camera is installed upside down."
Camera settings > System Settings > 180-turnover

Hi Neil-KY... can you share the MANUAL you are talking about? is manual for ThiEye T5E???

Hi Neil-KY... can you share the MANUAL you are talking about? is manual for ThiEye T5E???
Not that I've seen. ThiEYE do not have a full manual for T5/T5e like Lamax Taurus or Kaiser Baas X10 though these manuals show NO invert menu option either.
ThiEye have been contacted to add this but nothing currently in the firmware releases for invert upside down car cam mode yet

Last edited:
Back