Upside/down video on ThiEye Tm5e: possible??

Discussion in 'ThiEYE' started by Mighty777, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Mighty777

Mighty777 Member

Switzerland
    Dash Cam:
    Mini 806, ThiEye TM5E
    HI all,

I am using the ThiEye TM5e (external mic version) as dashcam. However, I have the problem that as I mount it on the front glass, it is installed upside/down. Accordingly, the video is flipped 180°.

While other cameras (e.g. Yi 2 4K) have the possibility in the settings to put the video in upside/down mode, the ThiEye settings have not. As a consequence, all footage need to be reprocessed and rotated 180° (unless you want to have neck problems to just watch the footage).

Is there a way to fix this problem, for example with a autoexec script code?

2. Neil-KY

Neil-KY New Member

United States
    I don't own one but found this in the manual:
    "With 180° Turnover on, you can record videos and take photos normally even if the camera is installed upside down."
    Camera settings > System Settings > 180-turnover

3. Michael Cray

Michael Cray New Member

United States
    Hi Neil-KY... can you share the MANUAL you are talking about? is manual for ThiEye T5E???

4. Aussie Kev

Aussie Kev Active Member

Australia
    Dash Cam:
    Ion Adventure
    Not that I've seen. ThiEYE do not have a full manual for T5/T5e like Lamax Taurus or Kaise Baas X10 though these manuals show NO invert menu option either.
    ThiEye have been contacted to add this but nothing currently in the firmware releases for invert upside down car cam mode yet