USA Lawmakers Move One Step Closer Toward Ending Daylight Saving Time Change (permanently)

That do generally seem to be the MO of compromise seeking people like that.
I do also understand that compromise are a intricate part of demos kratos, then i also firmly believe that for the most it should be avoided, by solid arguments or overthrowing the majority of a democratic assembly.
Really in this digital age we should have votes more often then the MAX term in our respective constitutions call for,,,, though with the major security flaw discovered in Swiss digital voting system we still have to be careful.

Cuz if you base your standard on compromise all the time, chance are your system will not be firing on all cylinders, and innovation and progress will be stifled.

It’s happening! The never ending time change madness could all be over soon.

U.S. Senate approves bill to make daylight saving time permanent​

WASHINGTON, March 15 (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate on Tuesday passed legislation that would make daylight saving time permanent starting in 2023, ending the twice-annual changing of clocks in a move promoted by supporters advocating brighter afternoons and more economic activity.

The Senate approved the measure, called the Sunshine Protection Act, unanimously by voice vote. The House of Representatives, which has held a committee hearing on the matter, must still pass the bill before it can go to President Joe Biden to sign.

It’s happening! The never ending time change madness could all be over soon.

U.S. Senate approves bill to make daylight saving time permanent​

WASHINGTON, March 15 (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate on Tuesday passed legislation that would make daylight saving time permanent starting in 2023, ending the twice-annual changing of clocks in a move promoted by supporters advocating brighter afternoons and more economic activity.

The Senate approved the measure, called the Sunshine Protection Act, unanimously by voice vote. The House of Representatives, which has held a committee hearing on the matter, must still pass the bill before it can go to President Joe Biden to sign.
The daylight savings time thing was killing my dogs last fall... they definitely don't like it!

SmartSelect_20200320-221313_Gallery.jpg

Much the same sentiment in the UK that the timeshift is for milking cows !

The cows don't care what time it is.

I'd prefer, purely selfishly, GMT all year because the kids wouldn't be out screaming till 22:00 in summer but may pack in an hour early at 21:00 when it started to get dark.

Much the same sentiment in the UK that the timeshift is for milking cows !

The cows don't care what time it is.
Most UK cows milk themselves these days, at whatever time they want to milk themselves, so summertime makes no difference to them.

But it does still save human lives, especially in the north.

called the Sunshine Protection Act,
Have they not yet realised that permanent summertime doesn't actually protect the sunshine, and it would make far more sense to abolish summertime and alter the timezone instead.

Danish law makers are moving towards much scarier things, it is clear i will feel increasing uncomfortable in my country for the rest of my life, or the lotto gods allow, being able to move to another place.

Most UK cows milk themselves these days, at whatever time they want to milk themselves, so summertime makes no difference to them.
Can you provide more information?
We have milking parlors the cows walk through but a man has to do all the milking as far as I know.

Can you provide more information?
We have milking parlors the cows walk through but a man has to do all the milking as far as I know.

Hope you can understand the accent!

Yeah here too cows get "a spin" and the AI treatment attaching the suckers.
So even if you was a single farmer, you couldn't climb the machine butt naked at night to get freaky, the computer would simply just think poor cow when it detect you, better not milk that one.

The days of a rose cheeked girl on a 3 legged stool yanking the udders on the cow,,,,,, long gone.

Yeah here too cows get "a spin" and the AI treatment attaching the suckers.
So even if you was a single farmer, you couldn't climb the machine butt naked at night to get freaky, the computer would simply just think poor cow when it detect you, better not milk that one.

The days of a rose cheeked girl on a 3 legged stool yanking the udders on the cow,,,,,, long gone.

Here in Vermont a "dairy state" some smaller dairy farms still use semi-automated systems, even those are a boon to the industry.

Last edited:
Same here, it is not all robots here yet, but as the remaining little farms get swallowed up that will probably be the end of it.

I looked at a house a few weeks ago, on a bigger farm, the house use to be the managers house, but now he have gone from there too, cheaper rent than my apartment.

You can even go street view on the road passing by and take a closer look at the house alone on its lawn.

I must say the location are excellent, you can jump on a bicycle and go fishing on the coast

I cant recall when daylight savings got introduced, but i am pretty sure the world worked just fine before that,,,, to me it have always been a solution to a problem that is not there, or barely there.
And no one should deal in that far reaching "solutions" to problems that are not there, though sadly that is exactly how the law making assembly here work.

I have just applied for a weapons permit ( for a silencer ) to a .177 air rifle, that actually already have a silencer build in it is just not whisper quiet, and mind you a rifle that do not require any license in itself to own, so to me that is just plain stupid.
I can understand it for people with proper powder burning rifles, or even higher caliber air rifles that do require a license / weapon permit to own.
I assume soon it will be illegal for me to change the light bulbs in my car, or wipe my own behind when i have been to the toilet.
If police having pulled you over, find any problems on your car,,,,, it must also be fixed by a brand specific shop, even if there are loads of other cheaper but still authorized mechanics in this country, in these cases kids having illegal modified cars, well they just forget about the car and get a new one.
And dont get me started on telling the certified way for police that have pulled you over to tell if your car have emissions problems,,,,,, but if you think the most ridiculous way that can be done,,,,, that is probably it :sleep:

Daylight savings time was introduced during the Arab oil embargo of 1973-1974.
It was an attempt to save a little fuel by needing less lighting.

Daylight savings time was introduced during the Arab oil embargo of 1973-1974.
It was an attempt to save a little fuel by needing less lighting.

No, that is not correct, country_hick.

"Daylight savings" or something very much like it was first used by ancient cultures such as the Romans who were flexible with time so that each daylight hour became progressively longer during spring and shorter during autumn.

Benjamin Franklin first proposed the more formal concept of daylight savings time in 1784 with his famous aphorism "early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise".

The idea was further adopted in various places around the world and the first modern implementation of DST was proposed in 1895 in New Zealand. The whole concept has a long and rich history.

Here in the U.S.A., Daylight Savings was first formally implemented in 1918 under the Standard Time Act during World War I. This was later repealed and then modified several times including during the 1973 oil embargo and Congress has been tinkering with Daylight Savings ever since along with various states. They are about to do it again, apparently.

Saving_Daylight_.jpg

daylightsavings.jpg

Last edited:
hehe i do love those old "Uncle Sam" posters

Here they are talking about having the car free Sundays like during the oil crisis in the 70ties.

One thing i can say for sure when all the ice have melted on our island up north, and huge amounts of Unoptanium is found,,,,,, we are not sharing unless you sing over your first born and pay a fortune for it.

Back