Use as USB Cam?

Dmitry Dub

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys,
I am new to this forum..
Just bought my "0801 with GPS+8mb internal firmware: 20140906" and was browsing sites when i saw, what i guess is an older manual for 0801, which lists to have setting called USB Mode: "Mass Storage/USB Camera". I am guessing the thinking behind it is that i can connect it to computer and use it as web cam.

However my 0801 does not have this in the list of settings.
Does anyone know if this is a deprecated setting?

Manual with USB Cam setting was found off https://dashcamtalk.com/mini-0801/
under link https://dashcamtalk.com/cams/mini0801/Mini 0801 User Manual.pdf

Setting is deprecated but available in one of the older procam firmwares. Never got it working though. No idea how to set it up.

Ah ok just found the driver in the sdk
maybe someone wants to try it

Attachments

• win_drivers.zip
    90.6 KB · Views: 10
Thank you all for your replies and info.

Another Question. Not sure if i need to create a new post for this.

Q: My 0801 has 8gb of ram inside of it. if I add more by inserting SD card, will camera know to write to SD card when it runs out of space on internal memory? Or the only way to make it work is to either set it to Internal/External in settings.?

Adding an SD card in does not expand the internal memory. The camera has a setting to write to either the internal 8G or to the SD card.

Q: My 0801 has 8gb of ram inside of it. if I add more by inserting SD card, will camera know to write to SD card when it runs out of space on internal memory? Or the only way to make it work is to either set it to Internal/External in settings.?

As knoxco has stated, you need to select either the internal 8GB or the external memory card from the menu options.

One of the best reviews I've seen which helped me immensely following the purchase of the 0801 is a video review on YouTube by TechMoan which was published in Sept 2013 so prices and specs have probably changed, the review is well worth watching because it's far less hassle than trying to figure out how to use the camera by reading the poorly written instruction manual, link to the video is:

Incidentally, video set at 1920 x 1080 resolution will use approx 100MB per minute, which is about 80 minutes worth of recording using the internal 8GB memory before the oldest footage are over-written. I'm currently using a 32GB card in my 0801 which allows for approx 320 minutes of recording before the oldest files are over-written. I find ejecting the card is easier for copying the files to my computer.

Back