Using a 32gb class 10 card, camera only loops over 8gb

When you specify that I should get the choice of exFAT and NTFS formats, are you referring to the memory card? Yes, the card is pre-formatted. Thank you again for your patience.
I was answering your question: "I believe that Windows 7 is comprised of FAT 32 files only, SO why would I have to select anything?"

In Windows 7, if you go to MyComputer and right click on the card and select properties, it will display what format the card is currently formatted with.

I was answering your question: "I believe that Windows 7 is comprised of FAT 32 files only, SO why would I have to select anything?"

In Windows 7, if you go to MyComputer and right click on the card and select properties, it will display what format the card is currently formatted with.

Thank you very much. I was not aware of that fact. So, essentially there is no need to select anything other than FAT 32, as Windows 7 is configured with FAT 32. This would only be relevant if the memory is higher than 32 GB, am I correct ( other than knowing the format)? Thank you again.

Thank you very much. I was not aware of that fact. So, essentially there is no need to select anything other than FAT 32, as Windows 7 is configured with FAT 32. This would only be relevant if the memory is higher than 32 GB, am I correct ( other than knowing the format)? Thank you again.
I don't understand the question, I always use NTFS with Windows 7 as it is much safer and faster for large disks than FAT32 and has built in data compression, however the Mini 0803 only works with FAT32 so there is no choice for cards to be used in the dash cam.

I don't understand the question, I always use NTFS with Windows 7 as it is much safer and faster for large disks than FAT32 and has built in data compression, however the Mini 0803 only works with FAT32 so there is no choice for cards to be used in the dash cam.

Why would any wish to view the file system on Windows 7, knowing full well that it is FAT 32? Only if any were using a memory card over 32 GB, it would be useful to view the file system under properties, as you have specified. Simply stated, if the 32 GB card works, what need is there to look at the file?

P.S. - Yes, you are correct referring to NTFS as being a better choice than FAT 32.

Why would any wish to view the file system on Windows 7, knowing full well that it is FAT 32? Only if any were using a memory card over 32 GB, it would be useful to view the file system under properties, as you have specified. Simply stated, if the 32 GB card works, what need is there to look at the file?

P.S. - Yes, you are correct referring to NTFS as being a better choice than FAT 32.
I have a 2 GByte card formatted using NTFS, if I put it in the camera then the camera beep instead of starting recording. The only way to find out what is wrong is to look at the card properties which will tell me that it is not FAT32 as needed by the camera. If you already know that the card is FAT 32 format then just put it in the camera, although if it was full of rubbish rather than empty then it may be a good idea to reformat it first to clean it up.

I have a 2 GByte card formatted using NTFS, if I put it in the camera then the camera beep instead of starting recording. The only way to find out what is wrong is to look at the card properties which will tell me that it is not FAT32 as needed by the camera. If you already know that the card is FAT 32 format then just put it in the camera, although if it was full of rubbish rather than empty then it may be a good idea to reformat it first to clean it up.

Most understandable. You have clearly answered my question. Thank you. As I have said, my forte is hardware. Hardware is taking a backseat to software. Live and learn. This is one of the finest forums I've been part of, including Annand Tech. Actually, there are some very knowledgeable people present.

Back