Using dashcam in Europe - legal?

sone983

Country
Serbia
Dash Cam
Yi dashcam,VIOFO WR 1
It is for this obstructing view that I placed my cam behind my mirror, none of it not a single part can be seen when sat normally in the drivers seat, otherwise in uk it should fail MOT(annual car test), I used the cable clips to fix the two wires to the mirror stalk which has a small casing around it, in line so not even that is seen by driver, but still easily accessed by feel or when stopped by cranking head downwards under mirror looking up.
I am not sure,but I think anything mounted on your windshield is prohibited.I didnt wrote laws in Austria.:rolleyes:

Country
Germany
Dash Cam
3xRoadRunner 520,3xYI,2xFirefly Q6,4xViofo A119V2 and more
In Germany is legal to own and use a dash camera FOR PRIVATE PURPOSE ONLY that means not to publish anything recorded without permission.In special cases as I had,you can show to concerned authorities your recordings IF otherweise you can not prove your innocence.Used 2 times to show to police officers and one time to insurance company,which buy the way turned the case 100% in my advantage.

jeez123

Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR650S-2CH
In Germany is legal to own and use a dash camera FOR PRIVATE PURPOSE ONLY that means not to publish anything recorded without permission.In special cases as I had,you can show to concerned authorities your recordings IF otherweise you can not prove your innocence.Used 2 times to show to police officers and one time to insurance company,which buy the way turned the case 100% in my advantage.
Thanks, was getting a bit worried the other day i drove across the border for some cheap sodas. Well, now i know that it's permitted to have it running while driving on the roads..

I read somewhere in a danish car-magazine that the usage of dashcams in GER was "not recommended", but no answer as to why, was given.

Tobi@s

App Developer
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
some
I was in a traffic control yesterday (germany) and the police officer disliked my dashcams. But as they are not prohibited yet he couldn't do anything about it.