Using dashcam in two cars

two mazdas

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm looking at getting a G1W-C from Foxoffer and will get a second mount so I can transfer the camera between two cars. Does anyone know where I can get the long connection lead and lighter adaptor? A web search has only found leads up to 2 metres long. Thanks.

There's plenty on ebay

Thanks ByrOn. Is 3 metres of cable enough? I don't know what the original supplied is (haven't got one yet) but I estimate 4.5 or 5 metres.

Not sure if the GT680W style of adapter/cable works on the G1W but maybe you should look into them.

I believe mine was about 4 odd metres maybe more. The cable on a G1WH is only 3 metres long.

Plus since the voltage step-down part is only 10cm away from the camera connector there wouldn't be any issues with low voltage due to voltage drop over a long cable.

Those cheapy USB cables have very thin wiring in them and I wouldn't be surprised if they caused the camera to malfunction.

Thanks ByrOn. Is 3 metres of cable enough? I don't know what the original supplied is (haven't got one yet) but I estimate 4.5 or 5 metres.

Not sure, only you will know that as it's your car. I was just showing you what to type ;)

Not sure if the GT680W style of adapter/cable works on the G1W but maybe you should look into them.

I believe mine was about 4 odd metres maybe more. The cable on a G1WH is only 3 metres long.

Plus since the voltage step-down part is only 10cm away from the camera connector there wouldn't be any issues with low voltage due to voltage drop over a long cable.

Those cheapy USB cables have very thin wiring in them and I wouldn't be surprised if they caused the camera to malfunction.
GT680W charger can work for G1WH/G1W/G1W-C, but GT680W charger is not cheap.

Back