Firmware for G1WH cameras using the newer GeneralPlus GPCV2159 processor

DeLorean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Front: G90 A7LA70 with GPS / Rear: G1WH
Hi Guys,
I have a G1WH that utilises the new GeneralPlus GPCV2159 processor.
I've opened the camera to verify the processor as flashing it with a firmware for a Novatek model would most probably brick it.
It was shipped with firmware version G1WHT-301-150810V01LD which absolutely sucks.
After running continuously for a few days the camera will just stop recording and refuse to power cycle correctly.
Using the power button to switch the camera off and back on will set it rolling for a few more days until the same thing happens.
It happens like clockwork every 2 days so it's got to be a firmware issue.
Does anyone know which other firmware can be used for these GPCV2159 powered cameras?
Also, can you back up the firmware on these unit prior to flashing another?
I'd just like to have a copy if it's current G1WHT-301-150810V01LD firmware should I run into problems.
Thanks very much :)
For a cheap camera the internal build is not bad and the video quality (day & night) is very good. The housing and mount on the other hand are absolute crap which makes opening it up a breeze by just using your finger nails :D

don't know who does these but you'd need a firmware from the original developer, good chance they're not even aware of the problem

Heaven only knows who these are manufactured by :confused:
Pretty much all the G1W cameras now on sale are the newer GPCV2159 units, so there will (or will soon) be a lot of them about.
The identical unit to mine can be seen here (same black PCB etc)...
http://www.wideorejestratory24.pl/kamera-samochodowa-g1wht-fullhd
There appears to be several different firmwares shipped with these cameras, but I can't find any for download.
As I only ended up paying 49p for the camera (PayPal refund due to crappy eBay seller) and it's only use as a rear facing camera I'm not to fussed.
It would just be nice if it ran constantly without my intervention every few days.

lots of product entry level using this chipset now, don't know who does them, the challenge with stuff like this is they generally don't get fixed unless someone gets a big export order and the customer notices the problem and wants it fixed, the product most often doesn't get sold to that type of customer so it just stumbles along as is

Ah well... give it a bit more time and some alternative firmwares will turn up.
Beside it'll probably get fried once it's spent a summer running in a roasting hot car... mind you, my G90 keeps soldiering on come summer and winter.
Which reminds me, the battery in my G90 is about to die so time to open it up again and pop in a replacement one :D

Well a month on and I can't find any alternative firmwares... the bugs in my firmware are driving me mad :confused:

Beside it'll probably get fried once it's spent a summer running in a roasting hot car...
Hmmm, I don't think your Summer is capable of frying anything. :p

Back