Using microSDHC in SGZC12SS

forest gump

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
g1wh
I recently bought a street guardian sgzc12ss and only have a microSD in a SD adapter to use in it. I have found out that it is recommended to only use a full size sd card. Is any one successfully using a microSD in there dash cam? I don't want to have to buy another card if I don't have too.

not recommended at all, not officially supported either, I think that card was sent to you in error though so I'm sure @Pier28 can sort that out for you

I recently bought a street guardian sgzc12ss and only have a microSD in a SD adapter to use in it. I have found out that it is recommended to only use a full size sd card. Is any one successfully using a microSD in there dash cam? I don't want to have to buy another card if I don't have too.

You can use MicroSD + SD card adapter combination in your dashcam ONLY as a temporary "emergency solution", but it is NOT RECOMMENDED to use MicroSD + SD adapter for longer period.

There are some advantages to using a micro+sd in these dash cams. As stated above it is not recommended but if it malfunctions on you, you will not have to view out of focus video.There is a positive side to every thing.

Just returned from walmart where I bought a 32gb SanDisk ultra plus sdhc uhs-1 card. Not really sure what any of that means other than 32gb. Will try this card out and see how it performs. Back up and running.

There are some advantages to using a micro+sd in these dash cams. As stated above it is not recommended but if it malfunctions on you, you will not have to view out of focus video.There is a positive side to every thing.
After getting the correct sd card this cam it has good day time video. Will try out night time soon. Street guard sent me the wrong sd card. Those bone heads, that mistake cost me $20.

My 2 cents: the MateGo MG380G (SS's "sister") works fine with microSD cards in the adapter, so in theory the SS should too.

they can work with Micro SD cards in an adapter, it is not recommended as a permanent solution and can prove unreliable

In my experience, sd adapters live with not very frequent use of 2-3-4 months, then do not work. This means that even before they start working (transmit electrical signals) badly.

I have run a misro SD card in a SD adapter for over a year running 24/7 in a 4 channel DVR, card reached insane temperatures but never dropped a beat, the cheap Chinese DVR died before the lexar card did.

But i would still not recomend it, i had adapters that came with kingston cards die pretty quick on me, and i only use that adapter once in a while to get to the footage on the card.

Back