Prelude89

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo
Hi All,

I finally got my a129 Plus installed.

Loading my first video's onto my PC, I found, unsurprisingly, that the python script ("Sergei's Novatek MP4 GPS parser") I was using to extract GPS info into a GPX file no longer works with the video format.

After some googling, I found that the exiftool can produce the GPX file, so great ... until ...

It uses KM/h as it's speed values, while Registrator Viewer uses meters/second for it's speed.

It's probably a long shot, but does anyone know of a way to make it work with KM/h instead?

I could write a processing script to re-write the GPX file, but would prefer a simpler solution.

I know it's an old program, but the last time I looked, there was nothing as good as it to view dashcam footage with maps etc.

Any help is much appreciated - including pointing to alternative viewers that exceed, or at least come close to the feature set of Registrator Viewer.

Sadly the guy that made registrator viewer was killed in a motorcycle accident, so from that front there will be no updates.

The M/s sound strange, here in Denmark we only measure winds in that format, i was pretty sure registrator viewer used KMH, BUT ! it have been 10 years since i used it as now i dont use any dedicated dashcam players as i dont need to see maps ASO

Yes, it was a very sad event when he died.

As for the whole m/s and KM/h, I find it odd as well, but the numbers in the created GPX files don't lie. Using the python script generates m/s for speed, while ExifTool generates KM/h.

If there's no easy solution to be had, I might just write a script to post-process the GPX file ...

Thanks for the reply.

If anyone is interested, I've written a script that will extract and process the GPX files so they can be used in Registrator Viewer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
eggman89 A129 Plus / A129 Plus Duo 1
Back