Using the F750 with a Power Magic Pro?

Speed2k

Reaction score
Country
Canada
If I have a car with a Power Magic Pro already installed, is it possible to use this with the F750 in parking mode or is it essential to buy the Thinkware hardwiring kit?

Thanks.

You will not need the Vico Power-Plus with the F750.
You will need to buy a Hardwire Kit for the F750.
The F750 allow you to set a cutoff voltage at which the Cam will shut down.
It also has a Timer that will turn off the F750 after the programmed time has elapsed.

You are going to love the Buffered Parking Mode of the F750.

RodeoGeorge

If I have a car with a Power Magic Pro already installed, is it possible to use this with the F750 in parking mode or is it essential to buy the Thinkware hardwiring kit?

Thanks.
The parking mode in the F750 works a little bit differently than on a BlackVue so you need to swap out the PMP for a Thinkware hardwiring kit, yes.

On the BlackVue, all of the voltage monitoring is done inside the PMP. On the Thinkware, everything is done inside the camera itself. On the hardwiring kit there are 3 wires, one of them monitors if the car is on or off and the camera activates parking mode using that.

Thanks guys! I thought it might've been different but was hoping there was an outside chance that it would work. :p

It'll work but parking mode won't :p

I've not researched this, but I believe that the Accessory Wire on the Hardwire Kit merely senses if there is 12V present, and uses this to switch in and out of Parking Mode. I really doesn't draw any significant current from the Accessory Wire.

What if the 12V Battery Wire were connected to the Power Magic Pro, and the Accessory Wire were connected to a 12V source that is only present when the ignition is on.

In this case, I believe that the F750 would enter the Parking Mode using the Power Magic Pro as the source of power when the ignition is turned off.

Basically , the best of both worlds.

RodeoGeorge

Back