V2000GS Testing...

2EZ24GET

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
V2000GS
I just got my first GS2000 dashcam. I have noticed a few things since my testing started. There is no menu setting to timeout blank the display screen.There is a way to blank the screen but it requires you push a button each time. Hope someone has the answer besides electrical tape. Also there is no menu setting to turn off the audio recording. There is a mute button but that requires you hit it everytime to stop the audio recording. The GPS and MPH are slow to keep up with the video. It can take a few min to start.

Re: GS2000 Testing...

a link to where you purchased from would be helpful, they're not all built the same and it would assist others to know where you got it from if they wanted to factor your feedback into their potential purchase decision

2EZ24GET said:
I purchased it from Ebay. Link to owners manual and Ebay vendor is below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251189836198?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=339269&uk=3844864180

I like the small size and how it takes very little room. I hide it behind the rear view mirror and my test videos are good. I purchased a second mount and power cable so I can share it with another vehicle. The firmware is 1.08 T24-MFH

that seller is known for quality issues, hopefully you're ok http://dashcamtalk.com/gs1000/#Fake_Orange_Menu not too cheap either

Last edited by a moderator:

OK now that you see who it was purchases from does anyone have an idea about the two menu settings I am trying to address?

Mute Audio and Timeout display screen.

2EZ24GET said:
OK now that you see who it was purchases from does anyone have an idea about the two menu settings I am trying to address?

Mute Audio and Timeout display screen.

those settings are firmware dependent, if there's no option there to change then there's no option, you could ask the seller if there's any firmware update available

Just wanted to point out one thing...The camera you purchased is the V2000GS not the GS2000. They are a bit different. Here is another thread on it. I changed the title of this thread in case anyone else is looking at this camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you point me in the direction where you purchased the additional mount and power cable? I looked at the sellers other items but didn't see those listed. Did you just contact them directly? Thanks.

When I purchased the dashcam I paid extra $10 for them to add power cable 1.5m and mount in the box.

Ok thanks. I sent 4coolday an email to see if I can purchase them separately.

Got mine today....can't get it to auto record with engine start...am I missing something???

Also, I am having the same issues you are about those two features being button dependent....super annoying.

I had to hit the reset button on mine twice while making changes in the settings menu. Since then 2 days no further issues. My battery keeps the unit powered for 8 seconds after power loss. So far no issue with battery.

Will yours automatically record when you start the car? Mine goes to a menu with three options. First option is 3 letters (I forget which ones), second is 'charge' and third is 'power on'.

Quality of the daytime video is great ... Sound is good... Time/GPS/speed stamp is HORRIBLE. They used plain white with no outline or background which makes it blend in perfectly with a cloudy sky. Can't read it AT ALL. :evil:

Chad said:
Will yours automatically record when you start the car? Mine goes to a menu with three options. First option is 3 letters (I forget which ones), second is 'charge' and third is 'power on'.

Quality of the daytime video is great ... Sound is good... Time/GPS/speed stamp is HORRIBLE. They used plain white with no outline or background which makes it blend in perfectly with a cloudy sky. Can't read it AT ALL. :evil:

From your description you have the wrong power cord, must use the one supplied, if you are using the one supplied they gave you the wrong one

That's what I was thinking too, because of the trigger wire, right? But it's a barrel plug, not a USB cable ... Not sure if that matters or not? I am using the one supplied.

Chad said:
That's what I was thinking too, because of the trigger wire, right? But it's a barrel plug, not a USB cable ... Not sure if that matters or not? I am using the one supplied.

Ok, not sure why it would think it's plugged into a pc then if its not a USB connector, might be faulty, reloading firmware might help if its just a glitch in the matrix somewhere

jokiin said:
Chad said:

Ok, not sure why it would think it's plugged into a pc then if its not a USB connector, might be faulty, reloading firmware might help if its just a glitch in the matrix somewhere

I was afraid of that....not really sure how to reload the firmware. Is there a guide anywhere?

Chad said:
jokiin said:
Chad said:

I was afraid of that....not really sure how to reload the firmware. Is there a guide anywhere?

Have you got the firmware? If not first thing would be to contact your seller for a copy

Oh ok, I don't have a copy of it. I will try to contact them for a copy. Thanks as always jokiin!!!

Chad said:
Oh ok, I don't have a copy of it. I will try to contact them for a copy. Thanks as always jokiin!!!

It's a slim chance that it will sort it out but certainly worth a try

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
2EZ24GET GSXXXX 3
C GSXXXX 12
Back