v3.41 blues

Phrede

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've used Blackvue dash cams for years. A few days ago they released v3.41 of their software. Older versions, at least 3.36, of the software force you to update as they "phone home" to check the version number and will not run if there is an update available. Worse is v3.41 requires you to have a live internet connection or it will not run. When you are in an area with no cell signal you can not view or share with authorities any recording!! What good is having a dash cam in an event if you can't see the video? I am replacing my Blackvue products at a considerable expense and will not recommend them to any one.

Cloud is one thing but not at the cost of basic functionality. It may not matter to you, but not everyone lives in a well covered cell area and it's important to me to always be able to connect to the camera if I need to.

Write to them it is not ok, technical support of BlackVue: cs@pittasoft.com
I have. The list of emails is long. It was difficult to get them to understand the issue. Then they kept coming up with something new requirement. Pictures then videos then forms, etc.
They know the issue. They know what the screens look like, they made them. In the end, they don't care and believe they can mandate you look at their ads every time you fire up the app.
Their ego has grown too big.

Write to them.... Sorry, but that's as useless as fitting an ashtry on a motorbike!

Over the years I've emailed pittasoft more times than I can remember. They have absolutley no interest in users who don't pay for their premium services (previous posts have detailed events going back years) so I won't go over it all again.

They are arrogant and incompetent in equal measures. Never have I dealt with such an abysmal bullsh1t company.

I will never buy BlackVue again.

BvBull****.png

Last edited:
I have. The list of emails is long. It was difficult to get them to understand the issue. Then they kept coming up with something new requirement. Pictures then videos then forms, etc.
They know the issue. They know what the screens look like, they made them. In the end, they don't care and believe they can mandate you look at their ads every time you fire up the app.
Their ego has grown too big.

Why does Blackview app need to check for new versions upon start (every time)? I am always instantly connected to the camera and there is no internet, so it just sits there.

I have to turn off WiFi on my phone until the message disappears. :mad:

Now it got worse, Version 3.41 won't let me bypass the cloud registration / login page and If you install an older version, it forces you to update again. :mad:

I don't want a cloud account, I need to connect to camera and see my videos! WTH?

Why does Blackview app need to check for new versions upon start (every time)? I am always instantly connected to the camera and there is no internet, so it just sits there.

I have to turn off WiFi on my phone until the message disappears. :mad:

Now it got worse, Version 3.41 won't let me bypass the cloud registration / login page and If you install an older version, it forces you to update again. :mad:

I don't want a cloud account, I need to connect to camera and see my videos! WTH?
I agree. I don't want or need the cloud. I say this about a lot of things like my home automation, security cameras, personal finance software. etc.

Just let me access the recordings on the camera I purchased whenever I need to.

Why is a good question. I believe it's because Blackvue management wants to force their advertising upon the customer base. Thinking you will either buy a cloud subscription and/or a new camera. I wouldn't be surprised if they are also tracking and logging. Selling data is profitable. Forcing updates always pisses me off.
Maybe this idea will backfire when the start losing customers to competitors. I'll be long gone by that time.

I am stuck here and can't get past it.:mad:
Screenshot_20230313_111445.jpg

I am stuck here and can't get past it.:mad:
View attachment 64465

What happens when you touch Log in?

Are you able to scroll sideways through the 5 dots, or has the thing totally frozen?

I see you're in Aeroplane mode, I assume you've tried with that off?

This last u/d makes an aweful app even worse. BlackVue should be ashamed.

What happens when you touch Log in?

Are you able to scroll sideways through the 5 dots, or has the thing totally frozen?

I see you're in Aeroplane mode, I assume you've tried with that off?

This last u/d makes an aweful app even worse. BlackVue should be ashamed.
I sent BV an email and they replied, yes we now need to register and login to access the camera videos.

What a messy UI filled with junk and offers to decline on every login. Reminds me of the Yahoo homepage.

Also, my phone connects to the camera on start, so there is no internet. But the application login requires internet.

What a cluster f**k

How in THE HELL do you view non-cloud recordings (DR750X) on this new app version? I cannot connect to my camera with my phone, and when going through the 'verification" process in the app it FORCES me to disconnect from the camera's SSID every time.

The app was already the weak point with Pittasoft, now it's quite literally useless. Absolutely no access to my recordings.

What I figured out, the hard way, is you have to stay connected to the ssid with internet or use cell data, login to your account, then (and only then) you try to connect to your camera from inside the app. It then will try to confirm your device etc.
Without internet and logging in to your account you can not view anything on your camera. If you're out of cell service range or in a secure location TOO BAD for you.

How in THE HELL do you view non-cloud recordings (DR750X) on this new app version? I cannot connect to my camera with my phone, and when going through the 'verification" process in the app it FORCES me to disconnect from the camera's SSID every time.

The app was already the weak point with Pittasoft, now it's quite literally useless. Absolutely no access to my recordings.
1. Turn off WiFi on the camera
2. Register and Login to app
3. Turn Camera wifi back on
4. Click on cameras in the app
5. Click on your camera to connect

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience and distress caused by this update. An update (should be 3.42) is coming out (expected next week). It will add:
- a Guest access mode (direct Wi-Fi access without login requirement to access the camera and the downloaded videos).
- The Camera tab will be the new default tab.
- The developers are also working on improving the loading speed of the tabs.
- All in all, it should make it faster than ever before to access one's dashcam over Wi-Fi or Cloud for logged-in users, while still providing options for users who don't want to create an account and users with an account but no internet access.
- The Event Map auto-sharing option will be removed altogether, in order to avoid accidentally sharing videos. Users will only be able to pick and add videos manually.

Thank you.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience and distress caused by this update. An update (should be 3.42) is coming out (expected next week). It will add:
- a Guest access mode (direct Wi-Fi access without login requirement to access the camera and the downloaded videos).
- All in all, it should make it faster than ever before to access one's dashcam over Wi-Fi or Cloud for logged-in users, while still providing options for users who don't want to create an account and users with an account but no internet access.
- The Event Map auto-sharing option will be removed altogether, in order to avoid accidentally sharing videos. Users will only be able to pick and add videos manually.

Thank you.
What about lifting the mandatory upgrade of older versions policy?
It's good you're addressing your errors. However, for me, It's too late. I've already moved on to your competition. Some things simply can't be undone.

What about lifting the mandatory upgrade of older versions policy?
It's good you're addressing your errors. However, for me, It's too late. I've already moved on to your competition. Some things simply can't be undone.
Well, at least they are listening and responding. Not many companies do that. I look forward to v3.42. Thanks Blackvue.

Although, I agree blocking downgrades is not cool, since its the only way to workaround new software version issues or bugs.

Thank you.
I look forward to this update in the coming week.

Making you login to access the camera is silly, especially when I don't want or need cloud subscription.

Update 3.42 is live (2023-03-23):​

Release notes:

1. Added a Guest mode for direct Wi-Fi access without login requirement to access the camera and the app’s downloaded videos.
  2. Removed the Event Map auto-sharing option. Videos must be shared manually.
  3. Changed the default tab to Camera instead of Explore tab, for logged in users.
  4. Improved the loading speed of the tabs.
  5. When losing internet access while logged in, the Emergency mode will allow users to access the “Downloaded videos” folder and the camera over Wi-Fi.
  6. After registering a camera to the Cloud, if a camera is not connected to the Cloud, the camera will default to the Wi-Fi connection method.
  7. The “Do not show” popup option will hide the popup for 7 days instead of 1 day.
  8. Bug fixes and stabilization improvements.

Thank you.

Back