Valentine One saved me !

S21FOLGORE

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sunday afternoon. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, the road was not quite empty, but far from crowded.
No wonder, this was the Memorial Day weekend. So, most everyone’s gone for the trip, or doing BBQ at home, relaxing and drinking beer, something like that.
(I normally avoid going for a ride on Sundays, but right now, Sunday is my only day off. )

Anyway, I was having fun, passing cars here and there but never crossed double yellow. Pretty much the only sinful act I’ve committed was breaking the speed limit. Even then, I wasn’t going crazy fast, but 20MPH over is 20MPH over, that’s the fact.

Then, I came to the short stretch of the road that consists of many tight turns and elevation change, also posted speed limit changes quickly from 55 to 40, then to 35.
They re-paved this curvy part of the road a couple of years ago, so this is the place you can have a bit of fun (if you are on the right kind of vehicle).
And then ...

(Note : In the video, you can not hear V-1 beeping until CHP Ford Explore becomes visible because of the camera / microphone set up. But V-1 actually started warning beep full one second before that turn, which gave me enough time to react. Also, I have Marc Parnes Visual Alert system.)

http://www.marcparnes.com/Visual_Alert.htm

CHP Explore’s window was rolled down, so, it might be that the officer heard me coming down the hill (I have ARROW full system without buffle on my bike) then turned the radar on, or he maybe waiting with the radar turned on all the while.
Hard to tell.
Anyway, LAIDAR is not suitable in this kind of situation, so having a radar detector with a good antenna still is a good thing.
You’d hear V-1 stops beeping as I pass by right next to CHP cruiser, this is not because the officer turned the radar off, but because I turned the V-1 of. Visual Alert is pretty bright, and the red LEDs blinking reflection on blue iridium face shield may be visible from the officer, in that close range.

BTW, I’ve been trying these ear plugs lately.
http://www.etymotic.com/consumer/hearing-protection/er20.html

(I usually wear foam ear plugs, like these)
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mack-s-Safesound-Ultra-Soft-Foam-Earplugs-Tan-30-pr/17034313

I just started using Etymotic ear plugs, so I can’t say if this one’s better than the foam plugs. But I can say, today, I could actually hear the V-1 beeping at about the same time I saw Visual Alert stated flashing. (Usually it is “Visual Alert” first, then beeping, due to the fact that those foam ear plugs cut down ALL the sound. )

Was the short repeat in the footage from the Möbius or something you did in post? I didn't think the Möbius had an overlap between segments but then I don't own one myself.

Also like to see where/how you have it mounted. Great quality and very stable -basically no vibration from the bike itself. In the freeze frame in the you tube player (before you click play) I thought maybe the big bolt at right was the visor on your helmet, but once I started watching it was obviously too low to be your helmet.

Mobius does overlap between the segments. I just put two segment together while editing the video.

The camera is mounted under the turn signal stalk, with zip-ties and thin foam pad.
The giant allen head bolt at the right side of the frame is the headlight mounting bolt.

This is how my mobius is mounted.

... and a week later, in the same area.
Sometimes, I am saved by kind people.

Back