Vantrue E1 / E1 Lite - Unboxing, Initial Testing

E1: Left = HDR Disabled / Right = HDR Enabled
In the modified version of the firmware, I adjusted the contrast, black level and metering tables.
New parameters have reduced the number of overexposed areas in the frame and made it possible
to draw details from deep shadows. The picture has become less contrasting, but more informative.
In the next versions of the modified firmware, I adjusted the contrast...
0. Vantrue E1 - HDR - Original FW vs MOD.jpg
Also added new parameters for night shooting: ISO, shutter speed, detail, noise reduction.

222.jpg

Last edited:
I decided to change up the dash camera line one last time for my E1 / E1 Lite review. I added two VIOFO A119 Mini dash cameras. I removed the VIOFO T130 3CH (front) for now. I figured it would be best to have another 1-channel dash camera that has the ability to record HDR video.

1674675998711.png

I've just updated my new E1 from VT-EBH182 to E1_VT-ECA063 and noticed the bottom menu ribbon is now orange. I kind of liked the previous design with just an orange outline of the button icons. Why was this changed?

EDIT: I also just noticed when turning ON the Wi-Fi by voice the orange icon use to show up instantly with the VT-EBH182 firmware. Now with the E1_VT-ECA063 its a bit slow. I first hear the chirp sound then there is this rotating graphic and finally the Wi-Fi icon shows up and the screen turns off. There was also a time where the Wi-Fi turned ON but no orange icon displayed on the screen. Then when I turn OFF the Wi-Fi the top little icon does not get the red slash displayed indicating the Wi-Fi is still ON but its not.

Last edited:
I finally completed my review of the Vantrue Element 1 (E1) and Element 1 Lite (E1 Lite) dash cameras. I worked with Vantrue for several months after receiving the E1 dash camera to resolve the problem of it not going into parking mode after the vehicle was stationary for 5-minutes and the FOV change once in parking mode. Vantrue released the E1 Lite dash camera as entry level 1080p 30fps dash camera.

I have a short video demonstrating the use of the voice commands for the Vantrue E1 dash camera.

Can anyone tell me the AWG size of the cable that comes in the box with the E1? I'm deciding between buying the E1 and Viofo Mini 2 to hook up to an existing USB-C setup which has 22AWG. Thanks.

Back