Vantrue Nexus 4 Pro Review

So, like some others, I felt the rear camera had some focusing issues. Vehicles and road signs seemed to be clear only when closer than I expected. It was as if the camera was set to focus on nearer objects, even as close as the plastic trim around the rear window.

Vantrue were kind enough to send a replacement which appears to be a bit better

I noticed the rear plastic trim is no longer in focus an it seems the following car's number plates are possibly readable from a little further away. Obviously this is not a 4K camera on the rear so what you see is, I guess, as good as you can expect from the 1080P sensor in it and the compression the software uses.

Both videos have HDR off.
I'll have to check my rear camera as I think it also has a focus problem. I suspect the Vantrue N5 uses the same sensor etc as the N4

I'll have to check my rear camera as I think it also has a focus problem. I suspect the Vantrue N5 uses the same sensor etc as the N4
Don't think it does, the unit on the Nexus 5 is RC06, while others like Nexus 4 Pro and E3 use the RC04

Don't think it does, the unit on the Nexus 5 is RC06, while others like Nexus 4 Pro and E3 use the RC04
Could still be the same rear camera, just in a different housing. Just an idea. I haven't researched it.

Could still be the same rear camera, just in a different housing. Just an idea. I haven't researched it.
Need someone to tear it apart to confirm haha. You may be right but honestly it would've cheaper R&D and cost-wise for them to stick with one housing for each type of sensor. Guess we'll see

Before the release of the N5 and N4 Pro into production, the SONY STARVIS IMX307 sensor was announced on the rear cameras of both models.
I don’t know what they actually install.

Back