The Vantrue apps has been updated.
Version: V 1.0.25
Version: V 1.0.15

Reactions: gse
Donnerwetter, the firmwares come in fast

Last edited:
Firmware mod based on N4P_VT-ECF211

Changelog:
1) Added once per minute monitoring of the chipset temperature to the file on the memory card T.txt. Create a file with this name in the root of the SD-card to start monitoring or delete this file if monitoring is not needed. Thermal monitoring use /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp as source of values in thermal zone (internal CPU sensor).
2) Increased bitrate for 2560x1440 30 fps - from 14000 Kbit/sec to 31200 Kbit/sec

Resolutions - bitrates table:
3840x2160 30fps - default value 31200 Kbit/sec
2560x1440 30 fps - default value 14000 Kbit/sec increased to 31200 Kbit/sec
1920x1080 30fps - default value 9600 Kbit/sec
1280x720 30fps - default value 3600 Kbit/sec

Download link

@Jeff_Vantrue

Is there any firmware due to correct the white balance issue that appears to be happening to some of the testers?

The firmware version is new.
As of earlier today the new firmware wasn't yet being offered by the app update method. In the past, has the app update method always been delayed?

(Of course if I am impatient I can download the file and use the SD card method)

As of earlier today the new firmware wasn't yet being offered by the app update method. In the past, has the app update method always been delayed?
Wait until it's offered.
For me personally, it's easier to update the old fashioned way, through a memory card. ;)

You going to do it now, before you see the change log ;-)?

You going to do it now, before you see the change log ;-)?
For me, it does not matter when to update.
At this stage of testing, the new firmware is always better than the old one.

An ordinary user must decide whether he needs to be updated or not.
Well, the tester must update the firmware, check the operation of the DVR and report all errors to the manufacturer's representative.

Last edited:
I flashed the N4 Pro with firmware from the site and the firmware version in the menu has not changed.
But there was an update through the application. I updated the N4 Pro through the app and the firmware version in the menu has changed.
Before firmware
WhatsApp Bild 2023-08-22 um 12.01.17.jpg
After firmware
WhatsApp Bild 2023-08-22 um 13.26.43.jpg

Last edited:
I flashed the N4 Pro with firmware from the site and the firmware version in the menu has not changed.
But there was an update through the application. I updated the N4 Pro through the app and the firmware version in the menu has changed.
Was: N4P_VT-ECF211
Now: N4P_VT-ECH121
Cool! The app isn't offering me an upgrade at the moment - is it possible to force it, do you know?

After updating to firmware: N4P_VT-ECH121, a stamp began to appear on the video from the rear camera.
But after the update, the "mirror" settings for the internal and rear cameras were no longer applied.
In the application, everything changes in real time, but everything is written to the video file without changes.

I changed my FW via my phone app sucessfully.

Screenshot_20230822_185943_Vantrue.png

I also got an OTA upgrade now. I notice the rear camera is updated too. I wonder if that has fixed the out of focus issue some are experiencing?

It has not it seems fixed the bug where turning off HDR from the app is not persistent. Not sure if this is an (Android) app or camera issue.

@Jeff_Vantrue is a changelog available, please?

Last edited:
@Jeff_Vantrue

I updated to FW N4P_VT-ECH121 today.
I unchecked the mirror for Cabin or Rear or both but both of the cameras still show on the screen.

Back