Vantrue Nexus 5 4CH 2K / My introduction to the new model.

This is also something rcg530 had found.
The IR filter being wired backwards is an issue present with the pre-production units. Those units will not be able to use any of the production firmware updates because the IR filter will operate the reverse of normal. After I received a production unit, I found and was told by Vantrue that the pre-production units do not have a serial number while the production units have a serial number on the bottom side of the front camera body.

1689350506060.png

The IR filter being wired backwards is an issue present with the pre-production units. Those units will not be able to use any of the production firmware updates because the IR filter will operate the reverse of normal. After I received a production unit, I found and was told by Vantrue that the pre-production units do not have a serial number while the production units have a serial number on the bottom side of the front camera body.

View attachment 66326
My copy is unnumbered.:cry:

Couldent you just take apart the camera, and swap around the 2 wires for the active IR cut filter ?
I would assume that would work as at least the active IR cut filters i have worked on are just 2 wires

View attachment 66326
It looks like it's not that simple. The person does not have a serial number on the N5 and the latest firmware works without problems.

It looks like it's not that simple. The person does not have a serial number on the N5 and the latest firmware works without problems.
I was stating what Vantrue told me about the issue. Maybe the IR filter issue was identified and corrected at some point in the pre-production units.

On Sunday, the car was in the parking lot for 2 hours. The shooting was carried out in two-channel mode.
There were no failures in the operation of the N5 during the parking period.

Р_2СН_1.png
Р_2СН_2.png

Today the car was in the parking lot for 48 minutes. The shooting was carried out in four-channel mode.
There were no failures in the operation of the N5 during the parking period.

Р_4СН_1.png
Р_4СН_2.png

Here are two screenshots. The first screenshot was taken in a parking lot 19 minutes after the N5 was turned on.
The second screenshot was taken in a parking lot after 119 minutes of N5 running in parking mode: "Recording at low bitrate."
On the left side, you can clearly see the effect of heat on the lens, that is, defocusing.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Today, during the manipulations with DVRs, I mixed up the models and connected the N4 Pro to the cable with the rear camera from the N5
and it worked without problems in three-channel mode, as well as with its rear camera.
Conclusion: The cable and rear camera from N5 can be used with N4 Pro even without changing the settings in the DVR menu.

Last edited:
I’ll write a little about sets of wires from Vantrue for connecting DVRs. I tested 3 different kits.
For those who have not yet decided which set of wires to buy, I would recommend these two to choose from:

The first has 3 voltage settings, as well as a display on which the voltage from the battery is displayed.
The second has 4 voltage settings and 5 time settings for the parking mode.
Personally, I liked him better.
When switching off when the battery voltage drops, all three sets of wires worked correctly during testing.

Back