Vantrue Nexus 5 4CH 2K / My introduction to the new model.

This is also something rcg530 had found.
The IR filter being wired backwards is an issue present with the pre-production units. Those units will not be able to use any of the production firmware updates because the IR filter will operate the reverse of normal. After I received a production unit, I found and was told by Vantrue that the pre-production units do not have a serial number while the production units have a serial number on the bottom side of the front camera body.

1689350506060.png

The IR filter being wired backwards is an issue present with the pre-production units. Those units will not be able to use any of the production firmware updates because the IR filter will operate the reverse of normal. After I received a production unit, I found and was told by Vantrue that the pre-production units do not have a serial number while the production units have a serial number on the bottom side of the front camera body.

View attachment 66326
My copy is unnumbered.:cry:

Couldent you just take apart the camera, and swap around the 2 wires for the active IR cut filter ?
I would assume that would work as at least the active IR cut filters i have worked on are just 2 wires

View attachment 66326
It looks like it's not that simple. The person does not have a serial number on the N5 and the latest firmware works without problems.

It looks like it's not that simple. The person does not have a serial number on the N5 and the latest firmware works without problems.
I was stating what Vantrue told me about the issue. Maybe the IR filter issue was identified and corrected at some point in the pre-production units.

On Sunday, the car was in the parking lot for 2 hours. The shooting was carried out in two-channel mode.
There were no failures in the operation of the N5 during the parking period.

Р_2СН_1.png
Р_2СН_2.png

Today the car was in the parking lot for 48 minutes. The shooting was carried out in four-channel mode.
There were no failures in the operation of the N5 during the parking period.

Р_4СН_1.png
Р_4СН_2.png

Here are two screenshots. The first screenshot was taken in a parking lot 19 minutes after the N5 was turned on.
The second screenshot was taken in a parking lot after 119 minutes of N5 running in parking mode: "Recording at low bitrate."
On the left side, you can clearly see the effect of heat on the lens, that is, defocusing.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Screenshots in static from four N5 cameras.

P_F.jpg P_IF.jpg P_IR.jpg P_R.jpg

Today, during the manipulations with DVRs, I mixed up the models and connected the N4 Pro to the cable with the rear camera from the N5
and it worked without problems in three-channel mode, as well as with its rear camera.
Conclusion: The cable and rear camera from N5 can be used with N4 Pro even without changing the settings in the DVR menu.

Last edited:
I’ll write a little about sets of wires from Vantrue for connecting DVRs. I tested 3 different kits.
For those who have not yet decided which set of wires to buy, I would recommend these two to choose from:

The first has 3 voltage settings, as well as a display on which the voltage from the battery is displayed.
The second has 4 voltage settings and 5 time settings for the parking mode.
Personally, I liked him better.
When switching off when the battery voltage drops, all three sets of wires worked correctly during testing.

Back