Vantrue S1 Pro STARVIS 2 + HDR = A119 Mini 2 Competitor

Panzer Platform

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
2024 Minimum Requirements: STARVIS 2 & HDR
@DashCamMan Can we get a new thread for the Vantrue S1 Pro?
@Jeff_Vantrue Can we get some specifications on this wonderful looking gem?

So far this is ticking some boxes for me;
1.) Wedge Design Mount (not the loose hanging ball mount with vibrations).
2.) Small LCD Screen
3.) STARVIS 2 (IMX675) ???
4.) HDR Support
5.) What is Optional 4G LTE, is Vantrue ascending to the cloud? Lol
6.) FCC ID: ??? 2A7EH
7.) Anticipated release date: September 2023
This looks like a direct competitor to the @viofo A119 Mini 2.
-Chuck

Vantrue S1 Pro .png

Last edited:
This looks like a direct competitor to the @viofo A119 Mini 2.
Looks like it can operate in 2CH mode. The Mini 2 can't do that. But I expect there's a Starvis 2 version of the A229 on the way.

If those buttons around the middle event button are not feather light and so risk unintentional pressing, then yes it look fine.

@Panzer Platform yes i think vantrue and others are moving towards smart cameras, at least on the halo offerings, and thats just fine it do seem to be what more and more want in a dashcam.

For sure i would like to see more pictures / drawings of this system, it look to still be fairly small footprint, and it is my favorite wedge form factor
Screen look very small for my tired old eyes, but having worked with vantrues APP on the E2 system, then i am good, i really like their APP

So far, one question remains (or rather, even two) - how the lens is adjusted in height relative to the horizon and for what purpose such a ... puck on the lens was made

So far, one question remains (or rather, even two) - how the lens is adjusted in height relative to the horizon and for what purpose such a ... puck on the lens was made
Indeed, also one of the things the prompted me to ask for more pictures.
I am wondering if its like the S1 or the zenfox T3 housing as i call it, and i wasent that big on that, even if it did adjust a little sideways too and not just up and down like many wedge cameras.

Ooh this does sound interesting
What interests me the most is the vibration free image quality from the front camera, and how it will compare to Viofo’s implementations.
If the rear camera is not STARVIS 2. Yuck. lol

I’m also curious to see if a “budget cloud new comer” can chip away at BlackVue’s market share.
The recent consumer backlash against BlackVue’s App “improvements” might be the perfect opportunity for Vantrue to seize.
If Vantrue can pull off a “basic functioning cloud service” that might get BlackVue & Thinkware to step up their cloud game.
Either way the competition should be good for the industry.

What interests me the most is the vibration free image quality from the front camera, and how it will compare to Viofo’s implementations.
If the rear camera is not STARVIS 2. Yuck. lol

I’m also curious to see if a “budget cloud new comer” can chip away at BlackVue’s market share.
The recent consumer backlash against BlackVue’s App “improvements” might be the perfect opportunity for Vantrue to seize.
If Vantrue can pull off a “basic functioning cloud service” that might get BlackVue & Thinkware to step up their cloud game.
Either way the competition should be good for the industry.
100% on the increased competition. Regarding the cloud functionality, all the other implementations I’ve looked at so far from other competitors feel fairly basic and half-baked compared to Blackvue‘s implementation, but I agree that given Blackvue’s issues as of late on both the cloud and video quality front, it is definitely opening the door to others.

Last edited:
100% on the increased competition. Regarding the cloud functionality, all the other implementations I’ve looked at so far from other competitors feel fairly basic and half-baked compared to Blackvue‘s implementation, but I agree that given Blackvue’s issues as of late on both the cloud and video quality front is definitely opening the door to others.

To be fair, BlackVue's cloud implementation also felt fairly basic when it launched back in 2015-16'ish. They had a lot of time to develop it further since then, so others now have quite a bit to catch up with their cloud offerings.

I was recently working with 70mai's new cloud service, which definitely looks promising and works quite well, although is also not as advanced as BlackVue's. Yet still, it's nice to see more and more brands jump on cloud-enabled dashcams bandwagon, as competition is always good - fingers crossed for Vantrue.

5.) What is Optional 4G LTE, is Vantrue ascending to the cloud? Lol
-Chuck
I was recently working with 70mai's new cloud service, which definitely looks promising and works quite well, although is also not as advanced as BlackVue's. Yet still, it's nice to see more and more brands jump on cloud-enabled dashcams bandwagon, as competition is always good - fingers crossed for Vantrue.
Yes, for example, 70mai has a 4G Hardwire Kit UP04 for X200 Omni is impressive, a very interesting solution, perhaps Vantrue plans to move in a similar direction, we'll see.

But what else I would like to pay attention to is a relic of three wires. Look at the picture under the spoiler,
here new technologies with ancient appendages, as if a radio station tuning knob with a rope and a variable air capacitor were put on a new head unit with a 10 "touch screen.
We definitely need to look for a fuse that is located somewhere in the depths of the fuse blocks, look for circuits, etc.
70mai 4g UP04.jpg
I just want to ask - hey, guys, you have already stepped into cloud services, but you still carry the ACC wire with you to all kits!
I would like the hardwire kit to monitor the voltage level itself and when the voltage in the car circuit rises above (for example) 13.2 volts, it already moves its electronic elements :) and sends a signal to the dashcam to switch to Normal recording mode. Lukas used this "a hundred years ago".
Then we will be able to connect power both through OBDII and the connection process itself will be simplified - there are only two wires - a constant plus and Ground.

Hopefully the Vantrue engineers can take note of this.

Our thanks in advance, as well as for many developments that we can use now! (y)

I am divided on build in 4G modem, or it being a separate unit like a mouse GPS antenna.

I really wish cloud as in your own cloud at home ( NAS ) to offload to VS a free or paid for space somewhere.
Even if in reallity a home NAS might actually be more unsafe than a cloud service somewhere.

I've just been informed the S1 Pro release date is now August 2023, (one month sooner).
Can't wait to see how this compares to the A119 Mini 2. lol

Can't wait to see how this compares to the A119 Mini 2. lol
The cloud feature will be interesting. If this is implemented well, I am expecting to see an entire product line with cloud dashcams from them.
Let's hope the video quality will be good too.
From the pictures I saw, I would prefer a different design. I prefer the N4 type style or wedge shape.

I think that the lens adjustment will be like the model 1S
Here there is a 1S commercial, you can see it there.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07SZNL2WT

Oh wow, I would really love a Starvis 2 4K LTE dashcam. But god, let it be a built in module

Although atm the Viofo A139 Pro is the king of the video quality

Back