VAVA Dash Cam

Yeah.
I think when motion record is just that,,,, motion, then it is not that useful in a dashcamera configuration, actually the only thing i can think off that where pure motion is good is a trail / game camera and CCTV cameras in a confined place / with a narrow FOV.

But if we could get smart motion detect in dash cameras then i for sure think it would be a feature i would use.

Yeah.
I think when motion record is just that,,,, motion, then it is not that useful in a dashcamera configuration, actually the only thing i can think off that where pure motion is good is a trail / game camera and CCTV cameras in a confined place / with a narrow FOV.

But if we could get smart motion detect in dash cameras then i for sure think it would be a feature i would use.

I thought about that also in the motion detection I have at my home. I had to cut it off because (aimed at my barn) it had to many drawbacks. The wind, blowing leaves, tree branches moving, etc, drove me nuts.
However on a vehicle one could have more options on a smart motion detection set up, for instance the motion detection with a loud bang/noise at the same time would more then likely be a wreck, probably make it more reliable, but not infallible! However, with a smart set up other variables could still be added, I really think you have a great idea Kamkar1.

I think its worth thinking about for those people that will push the envelope in the dashcam segment, there will be plenty of regular cameras on the market.
But granted current dashcams i think should work fine in parking mode with just the G-sensor, thats what i would use if i was to use parking guard.
But for the innovative brand, i think smart motion detect is a feature well worth going after.

I use motion detect on a really insensitive setting on the camera i have aimed at my car, but i am zoomed in so close to my car so a trigger will have to be large and within 1 - 2 M from the sides of my car or behind it, the front is cut off in the footage due to how close i am zoomed in.

Cats and whatever little critters running around down there dont trigger alarm, not even the hedge close to my car moving in the wind, but the hedge is compact and have little leaves so it dont move much even in high winds.

Which would kind of be useful if one wants to document distracted drivers to one's side.

Yeah, it is quite useful for those event, as it will mark the file under wonderful (if I remember correctly) and then you can go back to the 16 second clip to review it... Or use the info/time to find the similar time stamped 3 minute clip.

I use motion detect on a really insensitive setting on the camera i have aimed at my car, but i am zoomed in so close to my car so a trigger will have to be large and within 1 - 2 M from the sides of my car or behind it, the front is cut off in the footage due to how close i am zoomed in.

Cats and whatever little critters running around down there dont trigger alarm, not even the hedge close to my car moving in the wind, but the hedge is compact and have little leaves so it dont move much even in high winds.

I can't zoom my barn setup. it's a real simple setup with 2 flood lights and motion detection built in, therefore it's rather useless! However, one like you have setup seems the way to go. I really like your thinking on it!

A lot of people read this forum, maybe some enterprising Chinese guy will take a run at your ideas and develop a two piece camera with all the smart electronics in one piece and the actual camera a second piece that can be discretely mounted wherever one would like. I still say you should patent it, because someone surely will!
Take care of the Grey matter, it's working for you :cool::D. Mine seems to need a kickstart (sometimes) to get going:eek::rolleyes:.

hehe even all the years i did my very best to mute the grey goo with cannabis i was out of luck, at least the creative part have always been going full steam.
As you might have noticed i am a expert in going off topic, again its that damn goo that get going and suddenly i am miles off target, only good thing is i am actually restraining myself pretty good in that regard, if i dident try i am sure it would be much worse.

Most CCTV setups analog and IP and whatever you can also connect physical triggers to start cameras recording or alarms, PIR sensors - magnetic switches on doors and windows maybe a laser crossing your drive way and so on.
But today storage is not that expensive so you can record all the time, but triggers in some form is okay to use if you want to cut down on false alerts.

A lot of people read this forum, maybe some enterprising Chinese guy will take a run at your ideas and develop a two piece camera with all the smart electronics in one piece and the actual camera a second piece that can be discretely mounted wherever one would like. I still say you should patent it, because someone surely will!

they've been around a few years already

Back