Veckle 0906 parking guard not working

tinman

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had the 0906 installed with the accompanying parking guard kit. But the parking guard function doesn't seem to be working. The parking guard kit was installed by by the shop.

Base on the test WA3PNT did in the thread,
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/new-0906-hardwire-kit.30868/page-2

Set Voltage = 12.4 Actual turnoff Voltage = 12.1 Actual turnon Voltage = 12.4
Set Voltage = 12.2 Actual turnoff Voltage = 11.9 Actual turnon Voltage = 12.1
Set Voltage = 12.0 Actual turnoff Voltage = 11.7 Actual turnon Voltage = 11.9
Set Voltage = 11.8 Actual turnoff Voltage = 11.5 Actual turnon Voltage = 11.7

The parking guard kit is set to 12.4V.

With all possible combination of the 0906 setting of the PARKING GUARD and MOTION DETECT
When car turn off, the 0906 turns off, all LEDs are off. No videos are capture after that. Trying to induce motion, by physically moving the 0906 does nothing.

Is there something else that needs to be done to getting the parking guard to work?

are you sure they've wired the permanent and accessory feeds correctly, some vehicles will shut circuits down under some situations, what type of car is it and where have they picked up power from?

Last edited:
If it turns off, it's not getting power.
Plug your phone and see if it charges after car is off.

One simple way for you reference: Connect its yellow cable to car battery or 12V always power on socket;Connect red cable to ACC 12V positive ;and Black cable for GND.

With all possible combination of the 0906 setting of the PARKING GUARD and MOTION DETECT
Firstly, the parking guard function is only for the front camera but rear camera (in case of causing unintended activation between the front camera and rear one).
Secondly, the motion detection only operates when the vehicle engine starts and no need parking guard hardware kit (namely, parking guard is setting to off).
Finally, in case to save storage space, the camera will record low frame rate video automatically by system when in Parking Guard status, no matter how much the amount of SD card you used.
When in parking guard mode, if there any collision happens, the camera would record in 720p30, if not, the camera would record in 720p2 (playback the video is fast forward).

One simple way for you reference: Connect its yellow cable to car battery or 12V always power on socket;Connect red cable to ACC 12V positive ;and Black cable for GND.

For parking guard function the instructions say RED wire to vehicle battery (always on) and YELLOW wire to Acc. Blacks to Ground

I did some testing on the parking guard module and found out the issue. On this particular parking guard module, the actual trip voltage is 100mV higher than the setting.

The parking guard is set to ON and the motion detect is set to ON. The cam was let to go into the low fps mode, then the voltage was dropped by 100mV until the cam turn off. Afterward, the voltage was increase by 100mV until it turn back on.

Trip Voltage Setting (V) | Actual trip voltage (V) | Turn on voltage
12.4V | 12.5V | 12.8V
12.2V | 12.3V | 12.6V
12V | 12.1V | 12.4V
11.8V | 11.9V | 12.1V

During the low fps mode, the current draw both with the screen on and screen off:
Screen on avg. (mA) | Screen on peak (mA) | Screen off avg. (mA) | Screen off peak (mA)
250mA | 320mA | 200mA | 230mA

When the voltage is set too low and the parking guard module stop supplying current to the cam, i.e., the trip voltage set to 12.4V and the actual voltage is set to 12V, the current draw is 14mA (168mW).

In short, the trip voltage was set too high, 12.4V, and the actual battery voltage measured at the terminal is 12.5V. So, the parking guard module power off the cam.

On a side note, the current draw between the low fps and the regular 1080p did not have any difference.

Here's another weird thing...if the parking module is used and a right angle micro-usb adapter is used, the cam will never go into parking mode.

The right angle adapter is confirm to work fine by plugging it into the PC and checking to ensure data can be send through it.

The right angle adapter in question:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00VRLOKCU

that is really detail test, Tinman

there's two power inputs on the power cable to identify which circuit is active and the camera knows which mode to be in, even if your adapter supports data that's a different pinout used, even if you can find an adapter that does work adding an extra connector adds a potential point of failure and is better off avoided

Here's another weird thing...if the parking module is used and a right angle micro-usb adapter is used, the cam will never go into parking mode.

that is because the 4# pin in the adapater is not connected. (there are 5 pins in the microUSB connector, we use 4# for the signal

@Rayman.Chan, does this mean to use the parking module, it is not possible to use a right angle connector?

I wanted to use the right angle connector because it just make the wiring look nicer.

As for the testing, I have access to an Agilent B2902A, and was curious in the power draw in the low fps state.

I am afraid most adapters on market don't have the 4# pin connection

One last test item.

I was curious as to what was the lowest voltage the power module will operate to if the Parking Guard and Motion Detect is turn off.

1) If the constant (red wire) is connected but the ACC (yellow wire) is not connected, the lowest voltage is dictated by the trip voltage setting on the module. As an example, if the module is set to 12V, anything below that will cause the cam to turn off.

2) If the constant (red wire) and the ACC (yellow wire) are connected together, then the lowest voltage is NOT dictated by the trip voltage setting on the module. In this scenario, the lowest voltage is 8.1V.

2) If the constant (red wire) and the ACC (yellow wire) are connected together, then the lowest voltage is NOT dictated by the trip voltage setting on the module. In this scenario, the lowest voltage is 8.1V.

Thank you very much for this test. We havn't notice this before maybe we are always working on the normal connecting method.
will do some research to find out the reason and solution.

We will provide a $10 reward for your discovery, which help to improve things better. Please PM me your paypal account.

Any others found major bugs on our product will get rewards also. :)

Thank you very much for this test. We havn't notice this before maybe we are always working on the normal connecting method.
will do some research to find out the reason and solution.

it's not actually a problem, if you get a standard cig charger power supply and drop the input voltage down you will find that around 8.5V to 9V it won't work as the input voltage is too low to convert to 5V, this is normal behaviour

@jokiin, I agree, it's not a problem, just a curiosity note. For the regulator to be able to handle an input swing from 8V to 24V while maintaining a 5V output is pretty good. Most regulator IC would not have this kind of input swing.

What is an possible issue is how the parking module handle the logic on the ACC and Constant signal. In theory since the parking module has a trip voltage setting, that should supersede the ACC signal. I had initially expect that if the parking mode and motion detect were disable, the trip voltage setting would still cause the cam to power off at the trip voltage, and that the ACC signal would not be a factor. Turns out my assumption is wrong.

@Rayman.Chan, please consider selling a right angle connector that would work with the 0906 in parking guard mode. Like I mentioned, it would make the wiring look a lot nicer.

@Rayman.Chan, please consider selling a right angle connector that would work with the 0906 in parking guard mode. Like I mentioned, it would make the wiring look a lot nicer.[/QUOTE]
+1 other users mention this to us also

for cable wiring, my thought is use the cable clips to make a 90degree wiring, which will be much better, and keep the connectors works much more stable

Back