Vico Marcus 4. 2560p/Extreme HD, 1296p/30Fps, A7, HDR, Parking Mode, 7-l. optics

Maybe you know who was the author of GS2000's design? I'd definitely shake his hand :cool:

I do not know who is the designer.;)
But its brick feature makes it complicated and looks valuable:cool:

Recently I checked some A7 camera, it seems most of manufacturer use OV4689 instead of AR0330 Sensor, they use 0330 first, now changed to OV4689.
More A7 camera with OV4689 sensor come out, also the price is good, for the non-GPS version, the retail price can less than $90.

The lucky time for AR0330 is going to down....:rolleyes:

the AR0330 has done a lot of business and will continue to be popular I'm sure with Novatek solutions, it does work very well on that platform

The German seller now allso list the M4, it should be ready to ship 15/7-2014

It seems the NTK96655 will be out soon, can support WIFI.

[QUOTEforward iin, post: 70309, member: 469"]Some product is ready already but the wifi app still needs some work, there's also a new 2 channel 1080p + 720p Novatek solution which looks promising[/QUOTE]

Look forward to see it!

So true. I almost bought M3. Glad I did not.

There is nothing wrong in releasing new ( higher specs ) models parallel with some other recent models. It's the same like for example BMW 3 series would released their new model with lets say 200Hp engine ( Marcus M3 ) and now BMW comes out with almost same car, same body, just with 250-300Hp engine. This gives an options for buyers. Hope you understand what I am trying to say ;)

Which is fine if the new version is given the same model number, but with a slightly different name. Say Matcus 3 XL. But calling it a new number devalues the old model both for owners and dealers.

Who would buy a 3 if the dealer was also selling the 4. The dealer has to reduce the price substantially and will probably lose money if older stock.

Giving it a different letter say XL would reduce the devaluation.

If was all new like the 5 then fair enough.

But given that the 5 was announced long ago, I suspect that they always planned the 4 but didn't announce it otherwise no one would have purchased the 3

I am still happy with the 3 though. Just wish that it had a battery.

Which is fine if the new version is given the same model number, but with a slightly different name. Say Matcus 3 XL. But calling it a new number devalues the old model both for owners and dealers.

Who would buy a 3 if the dealer was also selling the 4. The dealer has to reduce the price substantially and will probably lose money if older stock.

Giving it a different letter say XL would reduce the devaluation.

If was all new like the 5 then fair enough.

But given that the 5 was announced long ago, I suspect that they always planned the 4 but didn't announce it otherwise no one would have purchased the 3

I am still happy with the 3 though. Just wish that it had a battery.

Why you wish to have a battery ?

Just so that it would not turn off when you park the car.

Means that nothing is covered when away from the vehicle.

I will probably have to pay a garage to hard wire it in for me. Car electrics are way beyond me :(

Just so that it would not turn off when you park the car.

Means that nothing is covered when away from the vehicle.

I will probably have to pay a garage to hard wire it in for me. Car electrics are way beyond me :(
battery based dashcams are no good for constant long time recording in long run, especially when car is parked. Your M3 with supercaps is right techlology. Just need to hardwire to constant power as you mentioned.

if you want to use the dashcam as a video recorder, just add USB power source, this will allso ensure enuff recording time.

The dashcams with batteries in them just record for minutes before that battery is empty, for permant recording while parked you will need hardwireing.

There is nothing wrong in releasing new ( higher specs ) models parallel with some other recent models. It's the same like for example BMW 3 series would released their new model with lets say 200Hp engine ( Marcus M3 ) and now BMW comes out with almost same car, same body, just with 250-300Hp engine. This gives an options for buyers. Hope you understand what I am trying to say ;)

I think the example works better if the marcus3 was likened to the 3 series and the marcus 5 to the 5 series and the 3 series was released and you know the 5 series was also coming out but later and it's a matter of I want it right now so i'm going to settle for the 3 series instead of waiting for what I really want, the 5...

Back