Vico Opia 2 vs SG9665GC v3

Hieu Vu

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Hi guys,

So here I stands in a dilemma for my front cam: I prefer the 360 degree rotation of Opia, parking mode available, but I also saw some threads about Opia's problems, ranging from audio to sometimes not automatically start recording. Authors of these threads unfortunately never updated their situations. On the other hand, SG is more reliable, great support, but doesn't have the 360 degree rotation or parking mode, uses older sensor and processor (2 years ago is it?). I also cannot find any side by side comparison between these 2 cams.

The SG's dealer in my country is offering me 5% discount from the amazon US's price for the Opia sampling unit he received from Vico for reviewing. I'm buying the SGZC12RC v2 from him as my rear cam btw. But I'm still stuck in choosing my front cam. Please help. Thanks a lot

The IMX 322 sensor in the GC cameras are still one of the best performers for low light, i dont think that will change anytime soon.

I think if you drive head first into parking bays, then parking mode on the rear camera should be the camera that detect most offenders before or after they dinged your car, either as they pull up in the bay beside you or pull out from that bay.

And off course people behind you reversing out of the bays over there will also come more or less strait at your camera in the back.

If i was to use parking mode on front camera i would reverse into all parking bays, so my parking mode camera point in the direction where i think there is a highest chance of something happening.

The IMX 322 sensor in the GC cameras are still one of the best performers for low light, i dont think that will change anytime soon.

I think if you drive head first into parking bays, then parking mode on the rear camera should be the camera that detect most offenders before or after they dinged your car, either as they pull up in the bay beside you or pull out from that bay.

And off course people behind you reversing out of the bays over there will also come more or less strait at your camera in the back.

If i was to use parking mode on front camera i would reverse into all parking bays, so my parking mode camera point in the direction where i think there is a highest chance of something happening.

Thanks for your thought. I usually reverse into parking lot, because if I head in then I will be very clumsy when reversing out. I want SGZC12RC v2 to be my rear because the main unit with screen can be put somewhere near the dashboard --> I can immediately see what happened if someone hit me from behind. I also want Opia form because if there is any issue on the side of the window, i.e. talking with the other driver, police, etc... then I can just rotate the Opia and capture it.

I have to say, I love my Opia2 and after months of deliberation it was definitely the right choice. The photo quality is ridiculously clear, day or night. The sound quality is great, never had issues with it. And the parking mode, one of my important needs, works as it should. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend this cam to anyone.

I have to say, I love my Opia2 and after months of deliberation it was definitely the right choice. The photo quality is ridiculously clear, day or night. The sound quality is great, never had issues with it. And the parking mode, one of my important needs, works as it should. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend this cam to anyone.
I already know Opia2's strength and that's why I want it. But what I'm concerned is the various issues reported by fellow forum members here, you have encountered none of them?

I already know Opia2's strength and that's why I want it. But what I'm concerned is the various issues reported by fellow forum members here, you have encountered none of them?

Nope, none whatsoever. Plus, as you said, none of the complainers came back to reply if they got things fixed. Most of the time I've seen that it's user error and they are too embarrassed to come back and admit it. Have to take product complaints with a grain of salt. Now if you saw a whole thread on the same problem that's a different story.

Back