SG9665GC V2 vs VICOVATION MARCUS 2

Puppie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Although they are just a bit out of my budget, unless something better comes up...

These are the 2 I am looking at and would love to get some advice and opinion on them.

Living in WA Australia, Summer is rather brutal, so capacitor based is a must please.

I run parking mode on the cam with a blackvua pro - have saved me once when some guy broke into my car.. he canvas around and the front of the car so was able to get his face.

Just really want a set up and forget unit.. GPS be ideal but not necessarily.

PS. There's no marcus 2 sub-thread in this forum.

1 vote for SG. It will be last like forever if you dont run it 24/7

I am heading towards that direction.. nothing beats the support by Jokiin, but like to get some opinion before finalising the purchases. =)

Then Marcus 2 may have a better image quality at daylight. The SG have better image quality at night.
form factor.... you can google and choice what you like better.
reliable: Both seem good.

Then Marcus 2 may have a better image quality at daylight. The SG have better image quality at night.

Both forms are pleasant to me. Although the Marcus is a bit more favorable due to the SG looking like the A118C I had.. that decided to crap on 2 foootages that I really had wanted.
Hmmm, didn't know Marcus daylight image is better..
Sorry to trouble you, how did you come to this conclusion as that might be the deciding factor..

Both forms are pleasant to me. Although the Marcus is a bit more favorable due to the SG looking like the A118C I had.. that decided to crap on 2 foootages that I really had wanted.
Hmmm, didn't know Marcus daylight image is better..
Sorry to trouble you, how did you come to this conclusion as that might be the deciding factor..
I don't know what sensor marcus 2 is (google cant tell), but marcus 3 use Ap0330 sensor. And marcus 4 use Omini 0v4689. And I guess marcus 1 don't use sony IMX322 sensor. Just I guess.
Until now, image quality at nigh of dashcam which use IMX322 is the best.

Last edited:
In low light we can't expect the smaller pixels of AR0330 or OV4689 to outperform the larger pixels of the IMX322 unless the AR or OV are fitted with a much larger lens.

I was told the SG9665GC does not have parking mode. This is why I decided on another cam. The OP is looking for a camera with parking mode no?

I was told the SG9665GC does not have parking mode. This is why I decided on another cam. The OP is looking for a camera with parking mode no?

don't know that the Marcus 2 does either, look at the new model the OPIA, I think that has it

It enters parking mode automatically when the g sensor doesn't detect car movement for 10 minutes. It then works off motion detection. When it senses motion it records 10 seconds before the motion started and shuts off 10 seconds after no more motion is detected.

Oh, so they can make pre buffer on A7 chipset ? I though only did this on another SKD. :)

Back