Vico TF2+ Firmware Downgrade

VicoVation will be closed from 30th Jan to 4th Feb for Chinese new year.
I believe in Taiwan it's from January 30 – February 2, but I think (at least in mainland China) the holiday period is effectively extended by people travelling home to celebrate (and back again).

VicoVation will be closed from 30th Jan to 4th Feb for Chinese new year.
Because everywhere people kept talking about a month ago how mail and everything else is slow because of Chinese New Year but it barely starts Jan. 30th. Must be some awesome celebration if people can't work normal schedule until actual date.

Because everywhere people kept talking about a month ago how mail and everything else is slow because of Chinese New Year but it barely starts Jan. 30th. Must be some awesome celebration if people can't work normal schedule until actual date.
From what I've seen on the news at least, it is a pretty big deal - the cities empty as workers go home to celebrate with family - jokiin would probably know more about how important (and disruptive) the celebrations are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its the most important celebration they have each year, although the holiday period is officially only one week it has about a one month impact on businesses, the majority of factory workers come from other regions and travel home to be with family, some people will stand in line for 3 days just to buy a bus ticket

IS it safe to downgrade the SF2 from 1.3CS to 1.2? They've literally remove WDR and SDR on all of the Vico models...make their new Marcus cam looks better?

Reply from Vico here:

Thank you very much for your support. VicoVation just come back from Chinese New year. And we have received the suggestion about new 6.6+CS version from you. Our R&D team thank you for your recommendation.
The main change for 6.6i+CS is for improving the sharpness and catch lesser noise.
if users who prefer brighter image, then previous SW will meet the demand.
VicoVation open both SW for users so that they can choose which on they prefer the most.

VicoVation will keep improving and thank you again for recommendation.

Best Regards.

https://www.facebook.com/Vicovation...al_comments=3&ref=notif&notif_t=share_comment

I also got a reply from VicoVation North Amercia
Thank you for your support. Is VicoVation's pleasure to provide service to you.

For these two FW (English version 5.1i & 6.6+ CS), there are a lot different opinions. And VicoVation appreciate all the suggestions.

We basically let users choose the one the they think it's proper for their cars.
for example, in Taiwan, people like 6.6 CS version. So does Thailand market.
And we know that for some market, users prefer old FW with WDR adjustable.

Users can definitely feel free to choose the one that they like most.
And if you need, we can also send you the previous FW file so that you can operate your TF2+ with old FW.

Your recommendation is definitely important and will be passed to all our R&D team.

We hope our new Marcus series will meet you demand and provide you a brand-new experience.

Thank you very much. If there is anything we can help, please kindly advise.

All the best.

Got to be carefull of the software upgrade/downgrade. I have a DS2 and bricked it by following exactly their procedure to do the firmware upgrade. Called their office in TW but they said I can only send back the cam for repair and need to charge repairing fee. Ask them if they can provide .elf format firmware so that I can use DirectUSB to recover the cam. They refuse to provide it. Poor customer service.

Got to be carefull of the software upgrade/downgrade. I have a DS2 and bricked it by following exactly their procedure to do the firmware upgrade. Called their office in TW but they said I can only send back the cam for repair and need to charge repairing fee. Ask them if they can provide .elf format firmware so that I can use DirectUSB to recover the cam. They refuse to provide it. Poor customer service.
Did you upgrade using the In car power cable 12v or usb to computer?

Last edited:
Just got their reply from customer service about my SF2 downgrade. So yea there's that.

Dear Sir,
Yes, you can feel free to downgrade to 1.2 without any problem. Just follow the same steps.

Here you can download 1.2 version. (URL)

Any question, please kindly advise.
Service@vicovation.com

Just got their reply from customer service about my SF2 downgrade. So yea there's that.

Dear Sir,
Yes, you can feel free to downgrade to 1.2 without any problem. Just follow the same steps.
Here you can download 1.2 version. (URL)

Any question, please kindly advise.
Service@vicovation.com
You might want to post the url or the re uploaded file so other SF2 users can downgrade as well if they choose.

Did you upgrade using the In car power cable 12v or usb to computer?
original in car charger . the screen show upgrade done then auto reboot. after that just black screen and green light

Have you tried to reboot without card in camera?

I'm waiting for the next firmware update for the WF1 in the hope that it will incorporate parking mode (which looks promising - see the thread on that topic) - but given the experience here, I will want to compare the night video before I update, in case Vico is consistent in its approach to WDR implementation. I should say however that I don't think WDR is turned off in these versions, based on Vico's website (which I realize is confusing, but I understand to mean WDR is now automatic and the settings are disabled) and niko's side-by-side comparison thread of other cameras. If you look at the 6.6 footage for the TF2+, it is actually capturing more detail (although I agree the grainy image doesn't look as nice as the 6.2 night video image).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back