VicoVation Ottoman 1

lyu0001

Reaction score
Country
Taiwan, Province Of China
Do anyone know about VicoVation 奧圖曼? Englsih name is not shown in the website.
I saw it in the official website with traditional Chinese language.
The model is cheaper than Marcus 4. The price is about US$150.
I have asked the official facebook the detail info. However, there is no answer.
Do anyone have info about what type of Ambarella CPU and Aptina/Omnivision sensor are used in this model?

vicovation by Frankie Luo_tw, on Flickr

The translation is

Ottoman
1080p Ultra HDR high-definition tachograph
Equipped with the latest wisdom parking monitor mode!
Four million pixels, image quality further evolution, a new visual experience
The new Ultra-HDR high dynamic image adjustment technology
Equipped with the latest Smart Parking Mode
Wisdom parking monitor mode
Support standard 52mm CPL polarizer, the industry's only (optional)
Optional GPS module support, support fixed speed camera style remind / lane departure warning / forward collision warning / GPS / track record / speed coordinate display
Ottoman Details

It could be the A7LA30 and OV4689 combo as that sounds about right for the specs.

It's in this video too:

Sounds like a lower cost option - the lower end G90 has a similar option at $80 but it gets a lot of complaints about the microphone quality. To be honest I've never heard a Marcus so can't compare them.

Last edited:
Its probably a "brother" of M1 but with upgraded cmos ?

ottoman
ˈɒtəmən/Submit
noun
noun: ottoman; plural noun: ottomans
a low upholstered seat without a back or arms that typically serves also as a box, with the seat hinged to form a lid.
a heavy ribbed fabric made from silk and either cotton or wool.

If they make a dashcam made of silk and wool they'll have footballers queueing up for one for their Porsches :D

If they make a dashcam made of silk and wool they'll have footballers queueing up for one for their Porsches :D
Yeah, its interesting name they chose, but of its so called entry level ( "brother" of M1 ) then its logical they used this name.

@ ottoman - ... seat without a back or arms.

Isnt the full name "Ottoman 1", like on Video Vico Tag ?

uploadfromtaptalk1415286689169.jpg

Last edited:
It is looking likely - maybe the Ottoman1 is the start of a new range of cameras in the same chassis and the name will separate them from the Marcus line?

It is looking likely - maybe the Ottoman1 is the start of a new range of cameras in the same chassis and the name will separate them?
Chassis looks the same as Marcus.
At the beginning of video they added word "Marcus series". Only outside difference is lens surrounding has no colour ring, finally its black now.

I think instead of "M" they gonna use now "ottoman": Marcus Ottoman 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc. We will see soon what lays behind "ottoman" surprise, but more likely main thong is OV4689 and parking mode I guess.

Last edited:
@lyu0001 , could you please change thread title " 奧圖曼" to English name "Ottoman 1"

Edit: I guess "Vicovation Vico-OT1 ( Ottoman )" would be a proper naming for the title and "Google-search".

Last edited:
that's not the meaning in this case (I'm sure you suspected that anyway)
My logic was telling me @ translation / meaning of ottoman "seat without back or arms" as for basic / simple chair. Same maybe reflected in the OT1 Ottoman naming, - basic / easy / simple to use ?

Will M4 get a firmware update with parking mode features ? What do you guys think ?

probably this is cheapest model of Marcus 4 with Ambarella A7LA30 1920*1080p/30fps+HDR
Ottoman - no hassle with modes UHDR/XHD? ;)

other ambarella A7 versions:

A7LA30 1920@1080p/30fps
A7LA50 2560@1080p/30fps, 2304@1296p/30fps
A7LA70 1920@1080p/60fps, 2560@1080p/30fps, 2304@1296p/30fps"

out.php

Back