Video Editing

cmccarter

Reaction score
Country
United States
What do you guys use to edit your videos?

Welcome to DCT forum
I use powerdirector 15

Edit: Forgot to mentions registration viewer, its free, search it here in there forum to find a link to it. I got it for you here
That could be all what you need, to make a clip.

Last edited:
I edit on my iPad mini 4 or my iPhone 7 +.

for 1080P files, I use splice by gopro. for higher resolution up to 4K, I use Pinnacle Pro app.

I used to use windows movie maker, but its hit and miss when it chooses to work properly, I now use wondershare filmora, can do a lot more with it but it does make footage jumpy in places (like a lesser frame rate). But it was free, can't complain

Been using Movie Maker on Win7 since February 2015, no problems whatsoever, but then again, most problems people have with it are computer-related, not software-related.
I also use Registrator Viewer but only to cut the clips.

Does video editing software allow you to mute the recorded audio later?

powerdirector 17, and i have installed resolve too, and OMG that a piece of freeware :love: you have to learn it of course, but then i think it have all a happy prosumer could ever want.
When the time come i will probably update to powerdirector 19

The new editor in windows, its too app like, and very very basic even compared to the old movie maker.

Is there a free video editor that removes almost unwanted glare from a dash cam recording? I have a cpl fitted to my nextbase 212g but the occasional video has glare which is annoying as you can't view the clip fully.i Have tried playing around with the basic windows video player but to no joy

Cheers

Davinci resolve are probably the most comprehensive free video editor.

Thanks for the site, unfortunately on my windows (8) laptop it's saying ; windows cannot complete the extraction. The destination file could not be created.

How can I rectify this?

I have used Stellar Converter for Audio Video for editing videos especially for merging videos and it works perfectly fine for me. It has merging option available along with trimming, cropping, adding effects, watermark and subtitles, etc. It is available for Windows as well as Mac users and you can preview the results before actually purchasing the software.

Thanks for the site, unfortunately on my windows (8) laptop it's saying ; windows cannot complete the extraction. The destination file could not be created.

How can I rectify this?
I suggest using:
instead, almost as much functionality, I think a bit easier to use but works in the same way, simpler install, and produces decent results.

Neither are the easiest apps to use, because of the way they work, need a bit of learning, but they can do a lot of stuff.

Cheers nigel, I'll take look at the site you suggested

You can use an additional decompression software, as like 7-zip to re-extract the files. Or you can try to move the .zip file into Downloads, Documents and some other user profile sub-folders.

You can use an additional decompression software, as like 7-zip to re-extract the files. Or you can try to move the .zip file into Downloads, Documents and some other user profile sub-folders.
BTW. 7-zip is free.

Welcome to DCT @SimonGarner :)

Plenty of threads on this such as HERE and HERE and you can find more HERE. Pretty popular topic ;)

Phil

Back