Video merging software

I go a different route on this and use YouTube as most of the time, the video ends up there anyway. To use their fine editor, upload all your video segments, the go to www.youtube.com/editor and drag and drop titles, videos, special effects. YouTube can also correct from camera shake and brighten dark video.

I go a different route on this and use YouTube as most of the time, the video ends up there anyway. To use their fine editor, upload all your video segments, the go to www.youtube.com/editor and drag and drop titles, videos, special effects. YouTube can also correct from camera shake and brighten dark video.

Nice I didn't know you could add multiple clips now. (good to know, they keep improving things all the time!)

I know I'm a little late to this thread, but I recently got an Ojocam Pro (same as the Mini 0801). On the latest firmware 20140404, the camera produces .MOV files which end up fairly easy to join together if you have a recent Mac and an old, OLD version of Quicktime 7 Pro. To get it, basically you go and download Quicktime 7 Player from Apple's website and then buy the Pro version for $20 to activate the editing features.

Once in there, you can assemble multiple files together by opening them each up in separate windows, then use the "jump to end" button on the bottom of the screen to cut and paste each segment together. Make sure you actually "Select All" on each segment and use the "copy" and "paste" feature. Do not use Edit->Add to Movie; it will look like it plays back fine but the ability to export the movie without re-encoding will not be available to you.

Once your movie looks the way you want, Go to File->Export

Then choose "Movie to MP-4" then click the Options button on the right.

File Format: MP4
Video tab:
Video Format: Pass through

Leave the rest of the options alone, click the Save button on the previous page.

The key is the Video Format: Pass through - this will make sure that Quicktime does not attempt to re-encode your video. It will be very quick for it to produce the output video.

The final video will be a seamless continuous video in a single file. Took me an hour or two to figure out this combination, hopefully this works for someone!

I know the folks at Ojocam are working on a Mac version of their viewer, but I couldn't get the "merge" function to work. That will be the ideal solution, since it can then handle the GPS data too.

I know I'm a little late to this thread, but I recently got an Ojocam Pro (same as the Mini 0801). On the latest firmware 20140404, the camera produces .MOV files which end up fairly easy to join together if you have a recent Mac and an old, OLD version of Quicktime 7 Pro. To get it, basically you go and download Quicktime 7 Player from Apple's website and then buy the Pro version for $20 to activate the editing features.

Once in there, you can assemble multiple files together by opening them each up in separate windows, then use the "jump to end" button on the bottom of the screen to cut and paste each segment together. Make sure you actually "Select All" on each segment and use the "copy" and "paste" feature. Do not use Edit->Add to Movie; it will look like it plays back fine but the ability to export the movie without re-encoding will not be available to you.

Once your movie looks the way you want, Go to File->Export

Then choose "Movie to MP-4" then click the Options button on the right.

File Format: MP4
Video tab:
Video Format: Pass through

Leave the rest of the options alone, click the Save button on the previous page.

The key is the Video Format: Pass through - this will make sure that Quicktime does not attempt to re-encode your video. It will be very quick for it to produce the output video.

The final video will be a seamless continuous video in a single file. Took me an hour or two to figure out this combination, hopefully this works for someone!

I know the folks at Ojocam are working on a Mac version of their viewer, but I couldn't get the "merge" function to work. That will be the ideal solution, since it can then handle the GPS data too.

So OLDER Quicktime 7 Pro only works for Mac users to join MOV videos, right ?
What about Windows users, - it does not work ?

This is what I am using ;)
Just exploring for own knowledge what other video playback programs can merge MOV files.

I only have a Mac to test on, so I don't know if it works on Windows, sorry.

I thought maybe
http://handbrake.fr
would work for AVI combine but guess not.

requires conversion first.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1071475

You might want to install a virtual machine of windows just to take advantage of Registorviewer as it's quite powerful. There is a Mac dashcam viewer app but it doesn't support merging or editing clips yet. I suggested this feature be added and it's now on his roadmap to do list

Maybe something they'll add to the Mac version of Registrator Viewer at some stage, it's still fairly early in the development cycle though so might be a while

On Mac OS X it is fast and easy. I use QTCoffee, a free software.
http://www.3am.pair.com/QTCoffee.html
All you do in Terminal is:
catmovie file1.mov file2.mov .. -self-contained -o file.to.save.mov
and that's it.
You can also split movies to a multiple parts. QTCoffee How To Do file will be included with your download.
Hope it helps.

Back