Video of DVR027/207/007 Factory

RSole

Reaction score
Country
Canada
A cheery visit to the dash cam factory. Lots of hammering sounds in the background. Not a good sign. You won't find Waldo there, nor anyone over the age of 30 either, it seems. Logan's Run is The Party's official movie and viewing it is mandatory by age 5.

At the 10:00 mark she exprains how they use "screws to fix the camera module to the board". Around the 12:00 mark they show the lenses being focused, glued, and going through a pizza oven to cure the grue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say that's not a great factory, the video really does nothing to explain what's going on so I guess it's more voyeurism than education

I thought it was kind of interesting to see the different stages of assembly. They are like living robots.

leo said:

No! Steer clear of that one. Although the cases all look the same, I noticed the round "A/V Out" port where the DVR207 has it's power input. The one in the photo will get it's power from the USB plug on the other side, which means opening that little door every time you plug it in and leaving it open.
It also might have a very different menu, options, and record in .mov instead of h.264 avi, and have gaps in the recordings. How do I know all this? Today I grabbed one just like it for $49.99 thinking that it was just like a 207. An hour later I went and got my money back.

Edit: my bad, the specs say "avi" for format. It needs a TF (MicroSD?) card for storage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it.

Watching the video explains a lot to me! I must've gotten the camera with the lens at approx 9:20 that got dropped! :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding. Pretty neat!

Wow, its a really interessting video. You get the camera out of your box and you its new. But like 20 different people had it in the hand before :D

But i think the factorys of the knockoffs aren't nice like this one

Back