VIDEO PLAYBACK IS JERKY, NOT SMOOTH

Phil B

Reaction score
Country
United States
Need help! I took the sd card out of the camera and played the footage on my desktop computer. The clarity of the video is fine but the motion was jerky. It would look fine for 2 seconds, jump a frame or two and repeat the process throughout the video. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

did you copy the file to your computer first or playing from the memory card?

what spec is your PC?

what resolution is the video?

what memory card are you using?

I' m using a Transcend High Endurance 32gb 10c, put it into a reader and into the USB on my HP desktop computer. The resolution is set at 1080p on both front and rear cameras in my car.

try copying the files to hard drive first

try a different player

if it's still jerky try playing back on the camera and see if it's jerky there, if it is it's likely a memory problem, if it's not it's a computer problem

Will try your suggestions. Thanks Jokiin!

I played it in the car and it's fine there. How do i go about putting it on my hard drive. The options that the computer gives me is...Send to: Compressed (zip folder), Desktop (create shortcut), Documents, Fax recipient, Mail recipient, DVD RW Drive (E:), Removable Disk (F:)

I downloaded a new player on my computer and it did the trick. Seems as if the Windows Media Player that i was using was not compatible with the sd. Thanks for the advice Jokiin....greatly appreciated!

Back