Video Quality Issues

Here is a sample of my rear camera view and I think looks a bit worse than yours.
It not only looks fussy but also looks vintage.

Yes, i have this problem too and i think i have this problem only with certain angle.
All of this A800S problems are hardware related. I tried to change bitrate but it was same...
I ordered a new one Viofo A129 Pro Duo 4K.

yes, but the seller is refusing to return/ replace the camera saying they don't see any issues with the video ! The camera was purchased from 70Mai Aliexpress store front
I have the same problem and told the same thing from 70mai support on AliExpress

Hi,

I bought A800S too. I had a big expectations for this camera. Because of reviews on YouTube. Now i know, they was paid.
I created a dispute on Aliexpress with 70mai and i send them 4k non edited video. Quality is super bad and their answer:

Quality is ok, we don't see any problems here.

70mai A800S Video Sample (A800S quality, A800S review, A800S 4k video):

Please, stay away from 70mai company. They are scammers, banning ppl from forum when you write the truth about quality issues.
For this price you can buy better dashboard cameras, not this piece of crap from scammers company.

They are already ignoring A800S support section on their official forum.

Have a nice day & i hope i saved you some money.
Can you see the texture of the dashboard?
For the lens of this camera, the focus is on textures at close range rather than at distant views.

This is out of focus. Originally, the focus should be farther.
However, the focus of the lens of the video is placed at a short distance.

I point out the possibility of a lot defect in the camera unit during line manufacturing.

I have been using the A500S the module is different, A500S of the lens was clear when compared with this video.

Reactions: EGS
I have compared both closely and I agree that there is a tremendous difference between the A129 Pro and the A800s. Actually even the A129 Plus is capable of giving more detail than the A800s. I have pointed that out numerous times to the A800s team since I was participating in one of their pre release beta testers but I quickly learned nothing won't change their way. Perhaps they felt the hardware could not handle higher bitrates.
They also know there is a severe lens distortion (fish eye effect) and they know some of it could be corrected bia firmware but they won't do it. It is a cheap camera and they don't want to add more costs on top of it i think. Maybe for the price point is just barely enough :rolleyes:
I do not think the firmware changes will fix the issues. The problems may be caused by the processor.
A800 is using HiSilicon Hi3556V200. A800S changed to use Sigmastar SSC8629G.
I have 3 home monitors with Hisilicon chipset. 2 home monitors with other chipset. The videos captured by the cameras with Hisilicon processor have clearer pictures with more details.
I doubt that Sigmastar SSC8629G cannot handle the picture details as goog as HiSilicon Hi3556V200.
I also reviewed videos in 70mai app in China(Chinese market just sell A800) and on youtube, the videos captured by A800 are satisfactory.

A800S in fact is a down grade product.
The pictures taken by A800 are showing for comparing. The plate numbers, signs are captued clearly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211028_114004_com.banyac.midrive.app.jpg
    Screenshot_20211028_114004_com.banyac.midrive.app.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20211028_114025_com.banyac.midrive.app.jpg
    Screenshot_20211028_114025_com.banyac.midrive.app.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 2021-10-29_15-10-06.jpg
    2021-10-29_15-10-06.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20211112_040854_com.banyac.midrive.app.jpg
    Screenshot_20211112_040854_com.banyac.midrive.app.jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20211112_040356_com.banyac.midrive.app.jpg
    Screenshot_20211112_040356_com.banyac.midrive.app.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I do not think the firmware changes will fix the issues. The problems may be caused by the processor.
A800 is using HiSilicon Hi3556V200. A800S changed to use Sigmastar SSC8629G.
I have 3 home monitors with Hisilicon chipset. 2 home monitors with other chipset. The videos captured by the cameras with Hisilicon processor have clearer pictures with more details.
I doubt that Sigmastar SSC8629G cannot handle the picture details as goog as HiSilicon Hi3556V200.
I also reviewed videos in 70mai app in China(Chinese market just sell A800) and on youtube, the videos captured by A800 are satisfactory.

A800S in fact is a down grade product.
The pictures taken by A800 are showing for comparing.
The A800S images taken in similar weather condition and plate numbers are terrible.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211108_102743_com.huawei.himovie.jpg
    Screenshot_20211108_102743_com.huawei.himovie.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20211108_102625_com.huawei.himovie.jpg
    Screenshot_20211108_102625_com.huawei.himovie.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20211108_102718_com.huawei.himovie.jpg
    Screenshot_20211108_102718_com.huawei.himovie.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20211108_102717_com.huawei.himovie.jpg
    Screenshot_20211108_102717_com.huawei.himovie.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 28
You have to dismantle the camera and refocus it, I had the same issue with my A800s, no point even raising a dispute as i'd seen all they are doing is saying it's either fine or a software update will fix it, software cannot refocus your lens. As someone else said, notice that the dashboard is sharp, the focus has been set too close from their clearly shoddy QA. You have to dismantle the camera, unglue the lens, rotate it slowly and do trial and error with watching the resulting videos until it's sharp and you'll get crisp license plates, then reglue the lense in place so it doesn't shift focus and reassemble it. No harm in trying as it's junk anyway if you don't fix the focus.

Dear Customers,

Thank you for choosing the 70mai Dash Cam A800S. Recently we have received a series of feedback pertaining to a lens focus issue. A detailed investigation was launched internally, which indicated a limited number of products were affected. Our engineering team has completed the product optimization. We assure you that we have rectified the issue on new batches of the A800S.

If you have encountered this problem, please contact the customer service team from the place of purchase. Once the issue is confirmed, the staff will help you to either return or exchange the item. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We truly value every single customer and media's feedback. You are the reason and motivation for us to continuously improve our products and services.

Sincerely,
The 70mai Team

Dear Customers,

Thank you for choosing the 70mai Dash Cam A800S. Recently we have received a series of feedback pertaining to a lens focus issue. A detailed investigation was launched internally, which indicated a limited number of products were affected. Our engineering team has completed the product optimization. We assure you that we have rectified the issue on new batches of the A800S.

If you have encountered this problem, please contact the customer service team from the place of purchase. Once the issue is confirmed, the staff will help you to either return or exchange the item. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We truly value every single customer and media's feedback. You are the reason and motivation for us to continuously improve our products and services.

Sincerely,
The 70mai Team
Thats nice, after a year? Wow. I'm so happy! I put your dashcam in to a trash. They declined my dispute on aliexpress back in the time.

After all, 70mai never ever. First and last experience.

Dear Customers,

Sincerely,
The 70mai Team
What are the batches? What is the manufacturing date of A800S that have the video quality issues improved?

Thats nice, after a year? Wow. I'm so happy! I put your dashcam in to a trash. They declined my dispute on aliexpress back in the time.

After all, 70mai never ever. First and last experience.
i raised a dispute uploaded alot of videos and got only half of the money back, aliexpress team said that they agree with me but as the camera has some value its not a trash so they gave me half of the money, i will buy ddpai or viofo from local retailer where i can return with in 14 days without questions asked, never buy again in my life any 70mai products, total scammers

Ive tried this and its much better now:

Video quality isnt good enough , but plate numbers are readable now:
4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg1d.jpg

Last edited:
Dear Customers,

Sincerely,
The 70mai Team

I have send my faulty unit on 06-09-21 to a shared address by Aliexpress 70mai store customer service support and they didn't inform to mention the product value between 5$ to 15 $. Therefore I mentioned 26$ and the product got stuck for 4 months in China custom and your team has done nothing & said: "its high value we can't accept parcel". I have contacted my friend in China to deal with China customs & China posts & trust me they don't bother at all. When I complain to Aliexpress customer service the parcel start moving on 04-01-22 and again still is stuck from 26-02-22. Sorry to say it's a very pathetic service from a brand like 70mai.

A800s is not worth the money at all & I don't know what your software development team do and keeps launching a new product without testing it. Well, I learned my lesson and will purchase a high-value item from China until unless company having a strong supporting backbone.

Off-topic: I purchase a Telsa screen for my car worth $ 600 and it was not working properly at the end the software engineer give up & said "they can't find" the car so they are selling the product without proper testing & wrong advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i raised a dispute uploaded alot of videos and got only half of the money back, aliexpress team said that they agree with me but as the camera has some value its not a trash so they gave me half of the money, i will buy ddpai or viofo from local retailer where i can return with in 14 days without questions asked, never buy again in my life any 70mai products, total scammers

Great, will do the same. 70 Mai is having garbage support system in place.

I have send my faulty unit on 06-09-21 to a shared address by Aliexpress 70mai store customer service support and they didn't inform to mention the product value between 5$ to 15 $. Therefore I mentioned 26$ and the product got stuck for 4 months in China custom and your team has done nothing & said: "its high value we can't accept parcel". I have contacted my friend in China to deal with China customs & China posts & trust me they don't bother at all. When I complain to Aliexpress customer service the parcel start moving on 04-01-22 and again still is stuck from 26-02-22. Sorry to say it's a very pathetic service from a brand like 70mai.

A800s is not worth the money at all & I don't know what your software development team do and keeps launching a new product without testing it. Well, I learned my lesson and will purchase a high-value item from China until unless company having a strong supporting backbone.

Off-topic: I purchase a Telsa screen for my car worth $ 600 and it was not working properly at the end the software engineer give up & said "they can't find" the car so they are selling the product without proper testing & wrong advice.

well sending back to china is a very bad idea, i got to keep the faulty 70mai a800s but i payed only half the price,so it was fair for me, by the way in my situation i was really hard to convience aliexpress judgement team,but not impossible

just simple basic thing 4k video has 44 to 56 mb data per second,and did you check whats the size of 1 min raw footage file from 70mai a800s .? mine was about 200mb of 1 min video recorded so it was recording about 3 or 4 mbps so is it 4k.?
2160p (4K)44–56 Mbps

Actually i had different issues so I didn’t focus on that. After installing hardware kit the dashcam was not recording the video and ADAS was not working.

Back