Viofo A119 Mini - Single channel 2K mini dashcam with Wi-Fi

Interesting, I am also on the same firmware version.
Does Dashcam Viewer Free have any limitation ?

No but you do need the basic k-lite codec pack

Interested, I tried with an old version ( 2.7.8); I can see the maps in with the same video.
So this means that the co-ordinates are present in the video, its just that it is not shown in the latest version.

Interested, I tried with an old version ( 2.7.8); I can see the maps in with the same video.
So this means that the co-ordinates are present in the video, its just that it is not shown in the latest version.

The coordinates should appear in the dashboard window as seen in @Karagandinez's post.

I can successfully display GPS info for the A119 Mini in Dashcam Viewer 3.8.5. I also have 20220519 firmware in my A119 Mini dash cam. I tried the "Open Folder" and "Open Video" methods of opening A119 Mini files and both worked.

Dashcam Viewer 3.8.5 does not display GPS info for the A229 Duo videos. I supplied sample videos to @traveler a few weeks ago so he can add official support for both dash cams in the product.

a119_mini_dashcam_viewer_385.png

Dashcam Viewer 3.8.5 does not display GPS info for the A229 Duo videos.
I thought that they did something new in the A229 firmware, and if the coordinates are disabled in the menu,
then the Dashcam Viewer does not display the route on the map. :unsure:

I thought that they did something new in the A229 firmware, and if the coordinates are disabled in the menu,
then the Dashcam Viewer does not display the route on the map. :unsure:
When Dashcam Viewer 3.8.5 is opening a directory of A229 Duo files, it almost instantly completes the scanning process which is different than for supported dash cams. It takes 10 to 15 seconds to open a directory with A119 Mini video files. I don't have the GPS data disabled in the A229 Duo firmware settings. I tried opening individual A229 Duo front video files and the same lack of GPS data is true for that file open method as well.

This screen shot is video from the A229 Duo on the same trip as the screen shot from the A119 Mini I included in my previous post.

Attachments

• a229_duo_dashcam_viewer_385.png
    a229_duo_dashcam_viewer_385.png
    589.2 KB · Views: 20
When Dashcam Viewer 3.8.5 is opening a directory of A229 Duo files, it almost instantly completes the scanning process which is different than for supported dash cams. It takes 10 to 15 seconds to open a directory with A119 Mini video files. I don't have the GPS data disabled in the A229 Duo firmware settings. I tried opening individual A229 Duo front video files and the same lack of GPS data is true for that file open method as well.

This screen shot is video from the A229 Duo on the same trip as the screen shot from the A119 Mini I included in my previous post.
I figured out that the problem is with Dashcam Viewer.
I have coordinates disabled in both models. But when playing video files from A119,
the mini route is displayed on the map, but not when playing from A229.
So I thought about the innovations in the firmware, because I did not have time to check other settings myself.

Just a curious question - How does the dashcam know that it should be in parking mode.
In A119 Mini, I can see a `Parking mode delay` with value as 90s , what does it mean?

In A119 Mini, I can see a `Parking mode delay` with value as 90s , what does it mean?
When powered by the HK4 hardwiring kit and the accessory power is turned off and the "Parking Mode Delay" timer is set to "Off", the A119 Mini will enter parking mode at that time. With the "Parking Mode Delay" timer set to 90 seconds, when the accessory power is turned off, the A119 Mini will wait 90 seconds after losing the accessory power signal from the HK4 before it goes into parking mode.

I previewed the A229 videos provided by @rcg530. There is definitely GPS data embedded in the Front video. Just have to figure out the mapping. Definitely on my ToDo list.

Hi, I recently got an A119 mini (had an A119S for years). I intend to use it to do continuous recording on a holiday, so I test drove it this weekend.
at 1080p60 it generated about 9 2+Gb files. Only 4 of those ended up readable.
Tried various video players, dashcam viewer (which could extract the GPS data, but not show any video) and the Viofo app.

Found a MP4 repair tool (expensive, so only used trial mode) which showed that all header info was missing (codec, fps info, duration, etc). By giving the tool one of the 4 working videos as an example it recovered everything without problems (losing gps metadata). So the A119 mini wrote correct video data, but failed to add the headers. So that seems less of a bitrate / write speed issue.

Any idea what could cause that or how I could fix that?

I was using a Sandisk 32Gb high endurance sdcard by the way.

The cam is on the same 20220519 firmware like any other production version.

Hi, I recently got an A119 mini (had an A119S for years). I intend to use it to do continuous recording on a holiday, so I test drove it this weekend.
at 1080p60 it generated about 9 2+Gb files. Only 4 of those ended up readable.
Tried various video players, dashcam viewer (which could extract the GPS data, but not show any video) and the Viofo app.

Found a MP4 repair tool (expensive, so only used trial mode) which showed that all header info was missing (codec, fps info, duration, etc). By giving the tool one of the 4 working videos as an example it recovered everything without problems (losing gps metadata). So the A119 mini wrote correct video data, but failed to add the headers. So that seems less of a bitrate / write speed issue.

Any idea what could cause that or how I could fix that?

I was using a Sandisk 32Gb high endurance sdcard by the way.

The cam is on the same 20220519 firmware like any other production version.
I suggest you use it at the default 2K 30fps resolution, I suspect the 1080 resolutions were not well tested when your firmware was released.
And update the firmware when an update is available, although it might be better not to do it too close to your holiday in case of problems.

I think if you try playing the broken videos in the app, the camera will fix the missing headers, so your repair tool is not necessary... can you try that and let us know?

Hi, thanks for your suggestions!
I've tried playing the videos via the app. Hey show up with no thumbnail. If I tap the play button, it just shows a black video window and playback stops immediately. So I don't think the viofo app or the camera will add those headers. :confused:
Or am I missing something?

Back