I tried both versions today Non -beta V4.0 and your beta Mod 5f latest versions.

I tried both versions today Non -beta V4.0 and your beta Mod 5f latest versions.
Since the recovery back to v3.91 worked the procedure used to flash must be correct. Could be the new SDK 2nd partition issue.
Suggest download this older v3.91 MOD-06 and verify it works normally, then disconnect power, remove card, download fresh copy of Official v4.00, copy binary to card, insert in A119, connect power and wait 60-120seconds for DVR to restart. If successful try my newer MOD-5F link below, must RENAME all my MODs (also follow > MENU > Default Setting > OK)

VIOFO Official v4.00 Firmware
https://www.viofo.com/download/firmware/A119/FWBA119.bin

FWBA119_MOD-5F_v4.00+25Mbps+Sharp34+Edge178+DCTEAM.bin
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dgeaQCsALtGaXUGcBalAho9UmJ6JPipu

FWBA119_MOD-06_v3.91+25Mbps+Sharp34+Edge178+DICE.bin
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lE70j66NRjBiL1D-oVQ6ZEYL2BDADQWa

Okay i tried The Mod 6_v3.91 and it works ,, so i tried the Viofo V4.0 and it would click and die at about 40-41 secs. I use a Lexar 64gb sd . I may try another sd card here in a Few minutes. Thks

Okay i tried The Mod 6_v3.91 and it works ,, so i tried the Viofo V4.0 and it would click and die at about 40-41 secs. I use a Lexar 64gb sd . I may try another sd card here in a Few minutes. Thks
how many times have you downloaded the .bin file from Viofo? it is possible that the file is corrupted (not on Viofo web page because I used that one to update my firmware).

I tried the 1 from Viofo V4.0 and also from a link from BC hobbyist,, his Beta Mod_6 V3.91 worked ,, i tried loading Viofo V4.0 3 times.

I tried the 1 from Viofo V4.0 and also from a link from BC hobbyist,, his Beta Mod_6 V3.91 worked ,, i tried loading Viofo V4.0 3 times.
my question was - how many times have you downloaded 4.0 bin file from Viofo?
if you downloaded it only once and that file became corrupted you will never have your camera updated with that corrupted file no matter how many times you try.

Last edited:
I tried a fresh download 10min. ago and no didn't work ,,, same result 40 secs click dead,,, tried different power source , i don't see a green led on mind ?? I will go back to V3.91 4 now .

Okay i reloaded Beta Mod 6F V3.91,, for now and i was wrong there is a green led lite it is just low in brightest. I will see what next to try.. Thks

Last edited:
When I updated from 3.6 to 3.91 and finally to 4.0 all when smoothly. Do not format the Micro card on a PC just transfer the update file. Do Not transfer directly to Viofo, and use the PC to transfer to the root of the micro card. Making sure you remove the micro card safely as per Microsofts recommendation.

There is no green light on mine, it appears at first nothing is happening then record button flashes red slowly then flashes rapidly then goes out and a few moments later flashes rapidly again. Then the Viofo takes at least 10 seconds or longer after the last rapid flashing red before it boots up. I have also flashed to mods 7F and 5F and back 4.0 at least 2 or three times with no problems. Please Check thoroughly that you following the update procedure correctly and you are using file the correct file named FWBA119.bin and nothing else. All update files be it Viofo Firmware or a mod it must be renamed FWBA119.bin

Last edited:
Thks Tractor ,, I have been doing what was mention in your list , i can't go t0 V4.0 it cuts out at 40-41 secs. I have to give this rest for now ,it working on older beta Mod 6F V. 3.91. Thks again.

3.91 is OK you just miss the option of .TS files and maybe the start up delay. I have notice little to no benefit to the 4.0 changes WDR. perhaps its because I use a CPL.

Thks Tractor ,, I have been doing what was mention in your list , i can't go t0 V4.0 it cuts out at 40-41 secs. I have to give this rest for now ,it working on older beta Mod 6F V. 3.91. Thks again.
Question: from first day you received that A119 did you ever have trouble updating firmware besides now to v4.00 ?
Q: When updating firmware what power source are you using?
Q: Did anyone from 1st day till now ever flash the Loader file?
Q: Did anyone create a custom MOD even just for Logo and flash using only single partition MOD?
Q: Where did you buy that A119?
Q: What date did you buy the A119?
I suspect the original BootLoader is incorrect or slightly damaged. Do not attempt to flash Loader yet, best as last resort, must eliminate all other possibility.

Last edited:
.I may have i had a problem but it may have been my fault.
I have tried 4 different power sources from the the hardwired in car to USB Lighter adapter , 2 different ones , and power Cube from 2.A to 3.1 amps
Loader File may have been in zip file , so i think so.
No
Bought ebay last year around Nov./Dec, 2017, i would have to search back to verfiy.

.I may have i had a problem but it may have been my fault.
I have tried 4 different power sources from the the hardwired in car to USB Lighter adapter , 2 different ones , and power Cube from 2.A to 3.1 amps
Loader File may have been in zip file , so i think so.
No
Bought ebay last year around Nov./Dec, 2017, i would have to search back to verfiy.
As mentioned earlier it works on v3.91 both official and MODs and stable. BootLoader binary files are used ONLY when device isn't responding normally but MUST be done perfectly and with correct version. I'm leaving on a fiber-optic network job all afternoon, later will send you steps and correct download for A119 Loader update, never use power bank during Loader update, only indoor adapter or stable vehicle power.

I eat Fiber for Breakfast and Cat6 for lunch ,Micro wave for dinner ,,HHEEEHHAAA.

As mentioned earlier it works on v3.91 both official and MODs and stable. BootLoader binary files are used ONLY when device isn't responding normally but MUST be done perfectly and with correct version. I'm leaving on a fiber-optic network job all afternoon, later will send you steps and correct download for A119 Loader update, never use power bank during Loader update, only indoor adapter or stable vehicle power.

When you have time To send the steps and correct download for A119 Loader update.. Thks again.

This Procedure is ONLY used with VIOFO A119 Dash Cam.
This Procedure is ONLY used as Last Resort when Firmware isn't updating correctly.
If Boot Loader is improperly flashed the Dashcam could be Boot Blocked/Locked or 'Bricked' and useless.
Use the following Procedure at your own risk once all other options have been done.
I am not responsible for any damage or loss, but will accept Likes if successful.

NOTE: must use the correct version and model Boot Loader for your Dashcam, always double check.

1) VIOFO A119 (only this model v3.91 latest) download the LDBA119.bin to a folder on computer. Do NOT rename this file.
https://support.viofo.com/helpdesk/attachments/19005133069

2) Power off Dashcam and eject microSD card and insert into card reader and connect to computer.
3) Copy LOADER file LDBA119.bin to ROOT of microSD card. Verify no other binary file is present, if in doubt Format memory card in Dashcam.
4) close File Explorer then Safely Remove Device/Eject or Shutdown computer before disconnecting USB adapter to prevent file corruption.
5) with Dashcam powered off insert memory card with LOADER file LDBA119.bin
6) Connect Dashcam to 5volt 1-2amp power source (not powerbank),
the red REC light may blink once or may not blink, wait 50 seconds,
if successful the LCD screen stays black, disconnect power to dashcam (do not press power button).
7) Remove microSD card and connect to computer using USB adapter.
8) Delete file LDBA119.bin , verify this has been done.
9) Copy Official v4.00 Firmware FWBA119.bin to Root.
10) close File Explorer then Safely Remove Device before disconnecting USB card adapter.
11) with Dashcam powered off insert memory card with Firmware file FWBA119.bin
12) Connect Dashcam to 5volt 2amp power source (home or car),
the red REC light should blink slow then faster and repeat,
if successful the Dashcam should restart on its own within 80 seconds.
13) After successful restart press REC to stop recording then press MENU,
press REC then middle button to verify Firmware version,
while in MENU Settings select DEFAULT Settings > OK then wait for restart.
14) If Boot Loader was repaired should now be able to update to any version from v2.1 to v4.00 and newer including MODs.
good luck

Last edited:
Great info , will try this tomorrow ,,and will let you now if i brick it. Many Thanks.

Well This was Is Wacked ! But in a good old way,, I followed the above Info for Last resort Butloader revival from BCHobbyist , But when i plugged it in to power it up the screen with live camera came on for about 10-15 secs then went dead with just red rec led on , i left it for 2 min. and thought it was brickette that now could be used for charcoal in the barbie ,, so i went about putting back in PC deleteing Butloader and loading Viofo V4.0 then fired it up ,shazam it works with the new V4.0 ,, now it still may crash and burn ,, but a thumbs up fo BCHobbyist ,, i will leave it for now and see if its stable cam. Thks to the Forum . :eek:

now it still may crash and burn ,,
no, it's actually very normal for a camera to record, not to crash.
now you'll have to get used to it.
smile3.gif

Back