Viofo A119 V3 Issue

Dan S

Reaction score
Country
United States
Got a new vehicle last week. I transferred all my add-on accessories including A119 V3 to my new vehicle. Because of my new vehicle has a relatively steep slope windshield, I need to rotate its lens to look higher. Without CPL attached, it is fine to do the adjustment. In my case with CPL, I cannot further rotate the lens because the lens with CPL is too “long” and the windshield just blocks the lens rotation. Had to use the “thicker” GPS mount to increase the distance between A119 V3 and the windshield (still power A119 V3 directly through HK3). Viofo might want to replace their non-GPS mount with a thicker one.

Wow, that must be almost horizontal !

I had the same problem with a Nextbase 412 but the V3 was fine

Any pictures ?

Maybe that is what the extra sticky pad is for?

I traded in my previous vehicle and cannot have a side-by-side comparison picture of their windshield slopes. The current one is a 2024 Subaru. It has three driver-assistance cameras mounted/sealed on the top of windshield. All three cameras are looking down towards the road. This is my speculation regarding the relatively steep windshield. Otherwise, they need to angle cameras downwards. This will increase the volume/size of mounted cameras on the windshield.

The A119V3 includes two non-GPS mounts. One has a slight wedge, which is to increase the distance from the lens to the windshield when a CPL is added and more clearance is needed.

I was asking for a picture of the new windshield to see the issue

The A119V3 includes two non-GPS mounts. One has a slight wedge, which is to increase the distance from the lens to the windshield when a CPL is added and more clearance is needed.
Didn’t notice that Viofo put two different non-GPS mounts in the box. It looks like that I used the non-wedged one on my previous vehicle. When I transferred it to my current vehicle, it failed. Since the GPS mount is on the windshield, I’m not going to switch to the wedged mount. It seems to me that Viofo lacks customer focus. I have not seen anywhere that Viofo mentions different mounts. Why not just provide the wedged one as “universal mount”? This would push customers away from them, even though Viofo makes good products.

I was asking for a picture of the new windshield to see the issue
Had some time to snap a photo yesterday morning when I backed out of my garage. It’s parked on my downhill driveway.

Attachments

• windshield.jpg
    windshield.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 19
Thanks, can't make out the closeness of the CPL to glass.

Must have a look at mine to see how close it is

Didn’t notice that Viofo put two different non-GPS mounts in the box. It looks like that I used the non-wedged one on my previous vehicle. When I transferred it to my current vehicle, it failed. Since the GPS mount is on the windshield, I’m not going to switch to the wedged mount. It seems to me that Viofo lacks customer focus. I have not seen anywhere that Viofo mentions different mounts. Why not just provide the wedged one as “universal mount”? This would push customers away from them, even though Viofo makes good products.
I would think the GPS mount would give you more clearance then the wedge mount anyway. Did realize you were already using the GPS mount.

I would think the GPS mount would give you more clearance then the wedge mount anyway. Did realize you were already using the GPS mount.
Few years ago, I ordered GPS mount after having A119 V3. However, I decided not to use the GPS. This time, I just use the GPS mount to increase the distance between V119A V3 and the windshield.

I've just re-read the first post

I've always used the GPS mount which is why I've never had an issue.

Back