Viofo A119 V3 - My Videos

Padwanjoe

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Shadow GT680W; Mobius B Lens, JooVuu X, A119
Good day to you all!
I am using for several days a new A119 V3 dash camera (many thanks @viofo !) and I think it is the time for presenting my first impressions about this new and update version of A119.
The first thing I've done after take the camera from it's nice looking box was to update the firmware to the 1.01 version and this went all right. After the FW update, I entered the settings and only added my text stamp leaving all the other settings to their default values.
Since my car has a big box to cover the sensors mounted on the windscreen, I wished the A119 V3 would have the left to right adjustment of the lens the V1 version had. So for now, I am using the same neodim magnets mounting system that I successfuly used for some years with the JooVuu X.
But let's move to video samples. For today, I will show you how the A119 V3 behaves when driving through an underpass with and without WDR.
The first video is recorded at 1440p, High Video Bit rate, WDR On and at slow speed because of the traffic conditions:
The original video file can be found here:
The second video is recorded at 1440p, High Video Bit rate, WDR Off and at high speed because of the traffic conditions:
The original video file can be found here:
What I can say for now is that the A119V3 started to record every time I started the car engine, that it properly saved the last file after the shut down of the engine (I checked it on my PC)) and that it endured high temperatures (37 C / 98.6 F) left in a closed car without any problems so far.
I also have to mention that the audio recording is still at a low level (to low for me) and my unit did not like to work using a 64 GB Kingston U1 Class although I formatted it in the camera and after that on a PC (the same card was previously used in a Viofo WR-1 with any hiccups.
That is all for now but... I'll be back!

Last edited:
Reactions: gse
Can you demonstrate the operation of the magnetic mount?

AE settings (expect_lum, over_exposure and curve_gen_param) certainly should be adjusted to improve license plates readability in such lighting conditions.

Reactions: gse
@Padwanjoe
In the Russian forum 4Pda, the user made a magnetic mount, it could be staffed with a contact group and sold as an option. Ya nvited @viofo to make such a mount but apparently they are not interested in it. It could be in demand.
11-07-32-12014639.jpg 11-07-41-12014643.jpg

Last edited:
There's no GPS data on any of the above screenshots. Is that due to the bespoke magnetic mounting system you're using ?

Yes. As I already mentioned above, I used a non-gps mount because otherwise it will be to heavy for the sensors plastic case to sustain the gps mount + the 4 magnets + the camera.

My vehicle also has a large box surrounding the sensors/camera on the windshield.

On my previous vehicle it was flat and I mounted my A118C to it.
It's rounded a bit on my new vehicle: I'm going to see if I can get something 3D printed to make the rounded area flat and mount the A119C V3 to that.

Magnetic mount does not interfere with the reception of satellites GPS

Back