VIOFO A119 V3

@viofo could you start a new thread regarding your new 119 V3 as this thread went off topic.

This is a Dashcam site not a political soap box Chinese's or American. There are plenty of sites where you can vent you annoyance on the political events of the world.

The bubble of Chinese cheap produces was going to burst sooner or latter regardless of any political skull doggery, it's called inflation. The cause the value of currency in the country selling or buying. Made worst by inferring political pea****ing or vote chasing.

My 2cents. Just noticed a censorship on a nonoffensive word perhaps politics is at work. OR should I have called it PEAman or PEAmale. Sarcasm!!

Peac0cking! :sneaky:

Can V3 firmware can be used on a 2017 A119?

Here is my Unboxing of the A119 V3
Unboxing A119 V3
It was filmed with a Gitup G3 Duo in high res and posted in 4K
Video samples will follow.
Very interesting Viofo used the same F1.6 Aperture Lens as A129 and A119S.
Glad I took the time to upgrade my original A119 Pro with the same Lens.

Last edited:
Actually the Box is about 2/3 the size of the V2. Being taller but less wide and deep.

Very interesting Viofo used the same F1.6 Aperture Lens as A129 and A119S.
So it has the same FOV as the A129 and all the extra resolution goes into putting more pixels on the number plates instead of extra FOV?

So it has the same FOV as the A129 and all the extra resolution goes into putting more pixels on the number plates instead of extra FOV?
The Box lists 140 FOV and is 1440p resolution sensor, its similar to the original A119 Pro with narrow 130 FOV Lens.
I have no idea if it will be also sold with wide angle 160 FOV Lens like original A119 V2.
I prefer less side distortion so look forward to this Lens and Sensor combination for improved Sony night vision.

Initial impression from a quick test before fitting to vehicle. Much improved 1440p, Desktop tests seams brighter and clearer. Display icons have changed slightly.
Will put V2 next to V3 in next video to show menu differences (minimal). But the true prove will not be found until it is actually on the windscreen and in action.
Can not wait to find the 4K mode that is hidden and not in the menu.

Here is my unboxing video and a short vid using the 2 highest resolutions: (note, in the video I say f/1.5 lens, but its actually f/1.6)...

And a thoughtful van driver (not)...

Last edited:
You can pre-order direct from Viofo. They should be available shortly.

Initial impression from a quick test before fitting to vehicle. Much improved 1440p, Desktop tests seams brighter and clearer. Display icons have changed slightly.
Will put V2 next to V3 in next video to show menu differences (minimal). But the true prove will not be found until it is actually on the windscreen and in action.
Can not wait to find the 4K mode that is hidden and not in the menu.

That test footage does have improved brightness and color compared to original A119 V2 firmware. The drive route selected is excellent showing different scenes, the color is much better. Congratz on having a perfectly focused Lens. Verify center of new Lens doesn't have protective film residue, it can be difficult to completely clean off.

Here is my unboxing video and a short vid using the 2 highest resolutions: (note, in the video I say f/1.5 lens, but its actually f/1.6)...
And a thoughtful van driver (not)...
Thanks for sharing your early A119 V3 unboxing and test footage. The rainy day footage looks surprisingly good with new Sony sensor. That Van Driver has a brother here that drives exactly the same van the same way.

can you confirm the MP4 clip bitrate and Firmware version number?
Is the new A119 V3 Lens the same as your A129?

Here some samples of The A119v3 on a bright day as if you might be on holiday.
A119v3 sunny samples seaside/town and countryside.
Watch out for the cats and rabbit dashing about the roof.
Those narrow tree canopy rural roads remind me of Hobbit Village, especially the thatched roof house with rabbits on the roof peak at 1:45 mark. Sharpness is excellent in bright sunshine, lacking in road surface detail but thats expected from YouTube compression. All vehicle license plates and sign text is easily readable, congratz to Viofo for well balanced image quality for this initial firmware version.

Last edited:
Back