VIOFO A119S stopped working

My new issue is that I just get the red VIOFO logo, no matter how I power it. With or without the memory card. Reset button didn't help.

My new issue is that I just get the red VIOFO logo, no matter how I power it. With or without the memory card. Reset button didn't help.
Version 1.6 was supposed to fix the "hang on Viofo logo" bug. Are you running V1.6?

Re-flash the firmware again (even if it's the same latest version) and it should power past the stuck boot logo condition.

I'm running one from about a month ago, one version or so old. If the bootloader lets me install the upgrade, I will. Will try when I get home.

From experience, you don't usually need the bootloader file to fix the stuck logo freeze. (just update via the regular firmware)

Last edited:
I've had exactly this issue happen two days ago, the only thing that fixed the problem was reinstalling the 2.02 firmware. I'm using a two month old A119 with GPS. The camera was powered through the GPS module. A week after installing, I've noticed that the screen started flickering. This flickering seemed to be getting worse until two days ago when it froze and showed XXX boxes. Besides the XXX boxes, the time on the camera freezes but does refresh every 5 minutes or so, no buttons work (but they do produce a beep sound), live video does work but that's pretty much it.

@Veky, would you please confirm that the above problem occurred with an A119 dash cam rather than an A119S dash cam? It's the first case that I've noticed for an A119, but version 2.02 firmware is consistent with A119 firmware. Have your XXX box and freezing problems been resolved? Anyone else had this problem on the original A119?

Re-flash the firmware again (even if it's the same latest version) and it should power past the stuck boot logo condition.
Yes reflashing brought it back to life again. Upgraded to *.6 now from *.5
I dont have the foam, however. My batch was the very first one that was shipped to USA, so they are very early units.

Thanks

Yes reflashing brought it back to life again. Upgraded to *.6 now from *.5
I dont have the foam, however. My batch was the very first one that was shipped to USA, so they are very early units.

Thanks

If you bought yours from OCD Tronic I'm happy to send you some complementary EVA foam. Private Message or email me your details.

I got 2 of the first here in US. I don't know who touch the before there went out from the factory, but it must has been a blessed hand. Both of them has been working flawless.
There have been sitting in the car in frost and to 70C/ 158F hot sun for 6 months.

The only thing I would like, was a higher bit rate.

Very happy with ours, too, and should be fine with the new firmware. We rec'd ours on December 16th, and I was the first to post some pics and videos on this forum :) I think our pkg just went through customs faster.

@Veky, would you please confirm that the above problem occurred with an A119 dash cam rather than an A119S dash cam? It's the first case that I've noticed for an A119, but version 2.02 firmware is consistent with A119 firmware. Have your XXX box and freezing problems been resolved? Anyone else had this problem on the original A119?

Yeah, this happened with an A119 which was running 2.02. Since then I've installed 2.05 and it's been working fine for a month now.

It died on me again with the X boxes, yesterday, with fw 1.6. This is the third or fourth time she has hung up in a couple months.

I determined that the 64gb Transcend 400x was toast this time, so I replaced it, but that wouldn't immediately work either. So I formatted the replacement memory card and put 1.7 file on it. Once I reflashed the A119S, it started working again. The original memory card will go back to Transcend, I already opened a service request with them.

So maybe a faulty memory card could be part of the equation that causes this to happen?

It died on me again with the X boxes, yesterday, with fw 1.6. This is the third or fourth time she has hung up in a couple months.

I determined that the 64gb Transcend 400x was toast this time, so I replaced it, but that wouldn't immediately work either. So I formatted the replacement memory card and put 1.7 file on it. Once I reflashed the A119S, it started working again. The original memory card will go back to Transcend, I already opened a service request with them.

So maybe a faulty memory card could be part of the equation that causes this to happen?
How are you powering it? Some users think that maybe an under powered power supply might contribute to the issue.

How are you powering it? Some users think that maybe an under powered power supply might contribute to the issue.
I am powering it with my street guardian original power supply. That wasn't a typo. Haha I can switch it over to the one that came with-it if you think that would make a difference. I am using the other power supply because I already had the wire run through my head liner and dashboard

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

connected directly to the camera or via the mount?
Directly connected but mount still attached and receiving power in the opposite direction

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back