Viofo A129 Duo duplicating/jumping frames on rear camera/Firmware Bug Discovered

I have located an old beta firmware for the A129, V1.11 from May 2018. I ran this on my A129 camera this morning and found no duplicate frames on the rear camera.
Note that I use my A129 as a side-facing dashcam, so the rear camera is looking to the left.

Original file : A129 Rear Camera - FW V1.11

If anyone else wants to test this FW on their camera it will be available HERE for a short duration.
IMPORTANT: This is beta FW for testing only. Please do not use it for regular driving.

I do not know what changed between V1.11 and V1.2 that introduced the duplicate frames. I will leave this with Viofo to address in their own time. I'm restoring my A129 to FW V1.9.
Maybe cameras will come out with 4 in a package, this way all the windows are covered. My rear camera bothered me so I put it off to the passenger side rear window and it covers my rear well I think, good enough for me. I have not heard a high pitch sound on my hard wire kit. What I am doing is shutting the camera off when it is in my driveway. When I am out and about is when I need the cameras working, or parked at the VA or Mall. It keeps a eye out for any gum balls around my ride

When is this getting fixed?

You tell us? - You've got all the answers!

The thread was started 29 June, 2019 and the last comment was 1 October, 2019. The issue isn't resolved. Clearly you didn't bother reading any of the thread to know Viofo that doesn't develop their own SDK and that this issue was introduced in an early firmware version. So while the issue a software bug, the chances of it getting resolved seem slim to none unless Viofo's SDK developer backtracks to see where the problem originated.

But Old Wise One with all the answers, Please tell pray tell?

Plus we don't know how the pandemic has effected these companies

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have the exact problem using a VIOFO 129 plus duo with a VIOFO 256GB card. Any fix for this yet?

Back