VIOFO A129 Plus Duo vs Pro Duo

jcbvr76

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I'm in the market for a replacement cam and I was looking at the Pro Duo but not sure if I really need the 4K video. I'm really not doing anything with these videos other than keeping the car safe and to have a record of anything bad that might happen (God forbid). With that in mind would you recommend I just go with the A129 Plus Duo? Would there be any reason to HAVE to get 4k?

Depends on the size of the writing on your license plates. For European style plates, 2K video is fine, but parts of the USA do have very unreadable plates which may benefit from 4K. Although there are also parts of the USA that are a bit warm for using 4K cameras, especially in parking mode, then 2K can be desirable.

Depends on the size of the writing on your license plates. For European style plates, 2K video is fine, but parts of the USA do have very unreadable plates which may benefit from 4K. Although there are also parts of the USA that are a bit warm for using 4K cameras, especially in parking mode, then 2K can be desirable.
I've been going back and forth on the parking mode. I live in a quiet neighborhood and not really concerned about incidents. So I might not enable the parking mode. So that might not be a concern. Thanks for the input.

The cheapest lowest resolution dashcam is normally good enough for determining who's at fault. The higher the resolution the better the chance of getting a good image of a number plate. FWIW I've had the pro duo since it was released and am very happy with it.

Back