Viofo A129 Pro Dual Dashcam - 4K Front + 1080 Rear

ok, shouldn't be overheating in those sorts of conditions, could it have been a card error maybe?
That would depend on how effective the air conditioning was at cooling the cameras!

The aircon in my car is only really useful for demisting the windows in the winter, in summer it is hardly worth bothering with. Of course it is designed for UK climate so that is expected.

That would depend on how effective the air conditioning was at cooling the cameras!

The aircon in my car is only really useful for demisting the windows in the winter, in summer it is hardly worth bothering with. Of course it is designed for UK climate so that is expected.
yeah your summer temps we get here in winter, still you wouldn't be sitting in a car for any length of time at the sorts of temps that should be needed for the camera to overheat

Just curious, whenever someone talks about the exposure settings they use +1/3 or +2/3, etc. My menu options are +0.3, +0.6, +1.0, etc. Am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

you wouldn't be sitting in a car for any length of time at the sorts of temps that should be needed for the camera to overheat
I just tried that, testing parking mode on my driveway. I was feeling hot when the air temperature in the car was just 50 degrees C. The camera was still recording at over 80 degrees C.

Just curious, whenever someone talks about the exposure settings they use +1/3 or +2/3, etc. My menu options are +0.3, +0.6, +1.0, etc. Am I missing something?

+0.3 is the same as +1/3 but a little inaccurate since it has been rounded down from +0.333333...

The USA likes to use fractions still, most other countries prefer the decimal numbers.

+1 is a doubling of the brightness, -1 is a halving of the brightness.

+0.3 is the same as +1/3 but a little inaccurate since it has been rounded down from +0.333333...

The USA likes to use fractions still, most other countries prefer the decimal numbers.

+1 is a doubling of the brightness, -1 is a halving of the brightness.
Figure it was basically the same, but didn't know why people would type 1/3 vs 0.3 when the camera options show 0.3. It's not like it's saving on typing because it's the same amount of characters.... Lol

I just tried that, testing parking mode on my driveway. I was feeling hot when the air temperature in the car was just 50 degrees C. The camera was still recording at over 80 degrees C.
The A129 Pro finally shut itself down when the camera was at 81deg and the GPS mount was at 85deg. It closed the last file properly before turning off. After cooling down a bit, it restarted itself 2 minutes later to continue recording.

I did not sit in the car to watch this, so I can't say if there was any warning message on the screen.

The A129 Pro finally shut itself down when the camera was at 81deg and the GPS mount was at 85deg. It closed the last file properly before turning off. After cooling down a bit, it restarted itself 2 minutes later to continue recording.

I did not sit in the car to watch this, so I can't say if there was any warning message on the screen.
Not much chance of reading a warning message on the screen, normally the screen would be off by the time it shut down since it is not possible to disable the screen saver in parking model. And even if you did manage to get it to stay on, it would probably be unreadable at 85°C since that is when the crystals in the LiquidCrystalDisplay melt and wont recrystallize and it turns all black.

since it is not possible to disable the screen saver in parking model
Yes, I can confirm that even if the screen saver is set to OFF fire normal driving, the screen saver still activates in parking mode on the A129 Pro.

Yes, I can confirm that even if the screen saver is set to OFF fire normal driving, the screen saver still activates in parking mode on the A129 Pro.
The off opiton will be removed in final firmware version.

Also the camera shutdown in extream temperature is normal.
While the camera detects the chipset temperature reach a specific value, it will shut down automatically.

I think my A129 Pro overheated today when I was parked at the roadside while waiting for my wife. Heard the A129 Pro restarted and was like this (watch video) until I slid it off the GPS mount and back on.

30 minutes later, my Thinkware Q800 Pro shut down after it informed me that it is "auto protection shutting down due to high temperature".
Please make sure you use the charger from the A129 PRO package, the charger and cable of Pro version is not same as A129.

Please make sure you use the charger from the A129 PRO package, the charger and cable of Pro version is not same as A129.
You only send me the A129 Pro front cam only. No Pro charger and cable. Please advice.
94e760f64a8849ca61e6d5ca332bb03d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

You only send me the A129 Pro front cam only. No Pro charger and cable. Please advice.
94e760f64a8849ca61e6d5ca332bb03d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
OK, understood. I just want to inform the A129 PRO charger is not same as A129, so maybe there is power issue sometimes.

The off opiton will be removed in final firmware version.

Also the camera shutdown in extream temperature is normal.
While the camera detects the chipset temperature reach a specific value, it will shut down automatically.
I agree it's good to remove the screensaver OFF option.

It's good to see the camera protect itself in extreme heat by shutting down. It has not done this during normal driving - only when in parking mode on a hot day.

It does use more power than a normal camera, a 1A charger is not sufficient, and it also needs a good quality power cable.
Normally if there is a power issue then you will see the LCD screen flickering, if so then you need a better cable or charger.
The Viofo HK3 hardwire kit is recommended, but not essential.

Does anyone have picture(s) of the Pro charger?

Does anyone have picture(s) of the Pro charger?
Most of us don't have the Pro charger, but Paul did an unboxing video, you could have a look at that... although from memory he didn't take it out of it's plastic wrapper...

Back