Viofo A139 Pro - 1|2|3 Channel 4K STARVIS-2 HDR + FHD dashcam

OK, you are a beta tester, so an experienced user, so please make some side by side videos to prove the 60FPS is better than 30 FPS and that difference to be important in real word, on public roads and not to find some missing pixel. Use the same dashcam model with the same settings and upload the original untouched video. If you are writing lol you are very sure about your personal experience, so please share it to be loled with facts and not only words. I am ready for the lol.
There is no reason for a dashcam to have more than 30 FPS. Yes, in theory, more FPS is better but in reality there is no real proof in normal driving conditions which can show the 60 FPS is better than 30 FPS. More than that, is possible that 60 FPS at night to be worse compared to 60 FPS.
60 FPS is available only because people believe is better so manufacturers are adding it. There are too many 60 FPS no name dashcams which are worse compared to a well known but not expensive 30 FPS daschcam.
I was just kidding with you MTZ.
I apologize for my defective sense of humor.

I fully agree 100% with everything you said about "There is no reason for a dash cam to have more than 30 FPS".
However, I will always prefer to have the "option" to select 60fps for my specific application.
I understand 60fps creates more heat, uses more power, uses more SD Card memory, reduces night time image quality, etc.
And in some cases the manufacturer may need to use a processor with more "horsepower", and even install a bigger heat sink to dissipate more heat.
But I believe in an electronic principle called "head space" or "under-driving".
It means designing & building a device for "heavy duty" use, and then using it in a "light duty" application to further increase durability & reliability.

It's like comparing a 1.0L turbocharged 4 cylinder engine rated at 250HP, to a naturally aspirated 4.6L V8 engine rated at the same 250HP.
In order for the little 4 cylinder to move the car down the road it's always going to need to be running at a high RPM.
But the big V8 can just barely rev the engine in low-mid RPM to move the car down the road.
The little 4 cylinder engine will last maybe 5-10 years before it wears out and needs to be rebuilt, or replaced.
The big V8 engine will last 20 or more years because it's not so high strung.
I guess I should have said this first.
Sorry about that.
-Chuck

The A129 Pro, A139, A139 Pro video play issue on Mac with QuickTime and final cut pro is fixed with new firmware.
We will upload the new firmware on official site soon.
Was that a Novatek SDK issue in the end or something else? Great news it's fixed, I was complaining about that in 2019 :)

Back