Viofo A139 Testing thread

Anyone ever had an experience where there's a stutter in the video but recorded the audio? Yesterday when driving home in the rain, felt like I hit something on the highway and went to review the footage... The moment if the impact, Viofo A139 didn't record that few second, instead, froze in the frame and continued recording afterwards, but the audio was recorded. Maybe my memory card (Samsung Evo Plus 128gb) went bad? Though it's been recording fine...

Trimmed clip: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kzodv714_OFpw8-Y8BLTOkNyi1nD5ZEk/view?usp=sharing
I once had something like this with my iTraker 0806 Pro, if I'm not wrong it was the memory card.... was years ago.
I would change the card and watch the whole thing

What settings have you made in the A139?
What is this FHD + FHD + FHD? Full HD as far as I know, but this 2K? Is this better than FHD and which camera is this, the front?

WDR for example, on or off? And can i turn off the G-Sensor?

I'll need to check the settings later, will insert a new micro SD card, just weird how all the other clips seem to be recording fine before the incident. I haven't reviewed the clips lately and just realized the time & date is off as well...

I haven’t experienced that before. I hit a pothole last week that was enough to trigger the g sensor, that recorded fine. In that clip it sounds like the audio stuttered too. Are all plugs connected securely? power supplies secure either at 12v socket or hardwire joins/fuse taps?
All of them are secured; it's not powered by hardwire kit, just the cigarette outlet port with Rhundo RS21 (for auto shutoff). I will need to review my other dash cam that I have in the car.

This Viofo A139 is the beta unit though, if that matters.

Went out to change out the memory card and grab the other dash cam's memory card, doesn't seem like I hit anything on the road.. and below is the clip from the Thinkware X700; quality wise, I definitely prefer the Viofo A139; but with this little hiccup, definitely need to keep two dash cam in the vehicle for now until I figure out what's went wrong...

As for the settings, it was:
2K+FHD+FHD​
2 min loop​
record audio​
+0 exposure front, interior, rear​
wdr off​
g-sensor on medium​
bitrate normal​
Link to video from Thinkware X700; also trimmed on an iPhone: https://drive.google.com/file/d/148rBUiRHdOdyrJkC0yi8GTXA0971aRm7/view?usp=sharing

@runtohell121
I've experienced similar things with a different cam in viewing files. My issue is those were h.265 and my old and cheap computer stuff doesn't play h.265 well, but in my case the video was there, I just had to replay the file a few times to see it. The A139 plays everything well for me which is odd as the 'problem cams' have an even lower bitrate than the A139 and so should be easier for my junk to handle.

I have to check the latest FW yet, but if I don't forget I'll turn 'g-sensor' up for driving tomorrow and see what happens.

Phil

@runtohell121
I've experienced similar things with a different cam in viewing files. My issue is those were h.265 and my old and cheap computer stuff doesn't play h.265 well, but in my case the video was there, I just had to replay the file a few times to see it. The A139 plays everything well for me which is odd as the 'problem cams' have an even lower bitrate than the A139 and so should be easier for my junk to handle.

I have to check the latest FW yet, but if I don't forget I'll turn 'g-sensor' up for driving tomorrow and see what happens.

Phil
I tried to factor out computer issues by copying the video footage off the memory card to my computer desktop and I'm sure my computer can playback files smoothly... If it matters, I'm using a 2020 MacBook Air M1 processor. At first, I realized playing footage from the memory card directly can cause stutter in some videos as I experienced, so I decided to copy the files instead.

Thanks for sending the rear camera, very cool, I would otherwise first wait and see what Viofo says about it and then i will write here again :)
I uploaded a video of the rear camera, is this normal or does he have a bug? You can not read anything felt.

What settings should i use with the a139?

ursamajor, also in this video of yours I find that one can read the markings of the vehicles better with the 119er, even if perhaps other details are clearer like e.g. trees.

I find it difficult to decide which is more important.

A139 +++ Viewing angle and details at the edges.
A119 +++ License plate better readable
A119 +++ Sky / clouds better recognizable (setting thing?)
A119 --- Less viewing angle
Our support team forwarded this to me to double-check, it seems the rear cam a bit out of focus, we can replace it.

I've posted a link to my copy of FW version V.1_1228 HERE

Phil

Back