Viofo A229 Pro 3-Channel + iVolt Xtra, how much parking time?

AJdarkfire

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, just decided on a iVolt Xtra battery for my Viofo A229 Pro with 3-Channels and I'm aiming to get it installed on Monday. Does anybody have some statistics on how much power will be used on this Dash Cam and a possibility on how much time I will have while its in parking mode? I'm aiming for a goal for 8-hours at least for Day to day vehicle sitting in parking lot while I'm working. Outside of that, maybe some extended days 10 hours plus. Sorry if this is something that can be located easily. I've used the search option and I couldn't find anything.

I have power consumption data and projected parking mode recording times with 7500 mAh battery packs (like the iVolt Xtra) in this post.

VIOFO A229 Pro - Power Consumption Test Results

My estimated parking mode times for an A229 Pro 3CH configuration are in the range of 14 to 15 hours for a 7500 mAh battery pack. The actual recording time will be somewhat less than that since the VIOFO HK4 hardwiring kit's low voltage cutoff feature will turn off power to the A229 Pro with the low voltage cutoff feature's voltage setting of 11.8V sooner than the battery pack will run out of power. I did test a prototype HK4 with a setting to disable the low voltage cutoff feature and it only extended the recording time by about 45 minutes. Take about 45 minutes off my estimated times and you should have a decent estimate of how long it will record in parking mode.

How long is your drive? I forget off the top of my head how long it takes to fully recharge the battery, but I believe it's just under 1 hour. It the battery can do 14-15h fully charged and you want at least 8 hours, for example, that'll require driving for a little over half an hour. Getting to 10h+ will requiring a little bit longer.

Yeah. Doing parking guard you also have to remember the replenish of battery ( car or dedicated ) to get back up to 100 %

Yeah, for me its a 26 mile trip one way, so 52 miles a day. I'll only be using it at work/errands since I have cameras off the wazoo at home. Just means I need to remember to turn off Parking Mode everytime I get home.

Back