Viofo A229 Pro 3CH - motion detection triggering possible on ALL three channels?

Reaction score
Country
Germany
My question is whether all three channels are designed for motion detection triggering?

Because if someone walks directly sideways towards my car without motion detection being triggered by the front and rear cameras, will the interior camera trigger motion detection instead?

Best regards,
Christopher

@safedrivesolutions has answered this question in his YouTube comments for two cameras, but not whether detection occurs on all three cameras.

---

2024-03-15_04-39-05.jpg

@viofo just recently answered this question in another thread.
All 3 cameras can detect motion.
When motion is detected all 3 cameras will begin to record.
Viofo can you confirm?

My question is whether all three channels are designed for motion detection triggering?

Because if someone walks directly sideways towards my car without motion detection being triggered by the front and rear cameras, will the interior camera trigger motion detection instead?

Best regards,
Christopher

@safedrivesolutions has answered this question in his YouTube comments for two cameras, but not whether detection occurs on all three cameras.

---

View attachment 71343
@viofo responded on this YouTube video I just think they responded to me and not you

@viofo responded on this YouTube video I just think they responded to me and not you
Okay super, thank you for your information (y)

I wanted to buy the U3000 for a long time, but I had concerns about the radar problem, which was discussed more frequently last year. Then the lack of HDR support bothered me.

Now, thanks to your channel, I came across the VIOFO A229 pro 3CH, which is the optimal choice for me. I now have a second 135Ah LiFePO4 battery in my car, so I no longer have to rely on the U3000's power saving mode... which was the real reason I wanted it.

I like to watch the great YouTube content you make, even if I live 10,000km away from you :)

Best regards,
Christopher

---

View attachment 71343
If the movement is within the interior camera's view range, then it will trigger the interior camera to start to record. However, it may be hard to trigger the interior camera if someone walks sideways towards your car since the camera is designed for the cabin and cannot record the scene outside the car.

Back