Viofo A229 pro didn't start anymore

DiggeHummel

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I pulled the SD card out of the dashcam today (unfortunately I forgot to switch it off beforehand) because I had to get to the SD card quickly.
When I removed the SD card, the dashcam made a noise as if it was shutting down.
Since then, the SD card no longer starts.
All the data on the SD card has not been lost.
The power supply of the dashcam is working.
I have formatted the SD card and loaded the new firmware onto it, but the dashcam still won't start
Is there a key combination I can still try? hard reset if necessary?

Thank you for your help!

Welcome to the club.
What SD Card are you using?
Try using a different SD Card?
Try resetting the camera by long pressing the reset button for a few seconds.
If we can’t get this figured out you may submit a support ticket to start a warranty claim here;

I pulled the SD card out of the dashcam today (unfortunately I forgot to switch it off beforehand) because I had to get to the SD card quickly.
When I removed the SD card, the dashcam made a noise as if it was shutting down.
Since then, the SD card no longer starts.
All the data on the SD card has not been lost.
The power supply of the dashcam is working.
I have formatted the SD card and loaded the new firmware onto it, but the dashcam still won't start
Is there a key combination I can still try? hard reset if necessary?

Thank you for your help!
Please reset the camera by holding and pressing the R hole on the camera side for seconds after supplying power to it. If not help, please update the firmware to have a try (Please format your card on the PC with this tool before downloading the firmware file to it: https://viofo.com/download/guiformat.exe).

Back